Data Scrum Master
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Data
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to join our Data team based in Reigate.
You will play a pivotal role in the team promoting and supporting our continued digital transformation journey through agile delivery of our data and analytics products, ensuring our team and partners understand the values, practices and mentality of scaled agile.
The day to day:
Our Data Scrum Master will provide day to day delivery of data assets and data products to support our Business teams inspire change and growth, along with continuous coaching of the team, partners and leadership on Scrum and Agile principles.
- Arrange and facilitate Agile ceremonies.
- Improve value delivery by removing roadblocks and impediments that prevent progress.
- Work with and coach the Product Owner to refine and prioritise the backlog.
- Review of Agile metrics to provide visibility into data that the team needs to see, and understand to improve.
- Foster team self-organization., help the team to make decisions and consult team members regarding everything Agile.
- Assist the team to break down epics and to map out the user stories, as well as writing, splitting and estimation of user stories.
- Assist with the release planning.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders.
- Facilitate learning opportunities for colleagues (e.g. talks or workshops) helping them learn important Agile concepts.
- Ensure the team keeps focus on the sprint goal (e.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team) to deliver the work committed to in the sprint.
- Help the team to maintain their Scrum tools (Story board, Action board, charts, backlogs, etc.).
- Facilitate cross-training of team members to improve domain and skill knowledge.
- Follow up with the team on the action items from the previous retrospective.
- Make time for individual coaching, and assist individual team members with issues and challenges they are facing.
- Liaise between leadership, delivery managers, product owner, stakeholders and the team.
- Continually look for ways to help the team perform at their highest level.
We'd love you to bring:
- Be a champion of Scrum and Agile and proactively guide and support the organisation with their adoption of Scrum practices and values, with a passion for mentoring teams and helping them improve the ways they work.
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA (or similar tools) and how they can be used to improve processes and efficiencies of the team.
- Have an excellent understanding of the underlying principles of Agile and how to optimally apply Scrum in sophisticated, real-world situations.
- An industry approved certification such as A-CSM, PSM II or higher.
- Have experience working with distributed teams and effectivity promoting collaboration, using online tools.
- Enjoy the challenge of been a catalyst for change and help people adapt to these changes, whilst building a safe and trusting environment.
- Excellent team player and collaborator with a focus on team dynamics that cultivates unity, identifying the value of the individual people in the teams, what they contribute, and how you can help them unlock their potential to provide the best value to the organization.
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.