- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
Purpose of Role:
We are looking for an experienced data architect to join our data platforms team. The position is a blend of Data Architecture and Data Modelling.
The Day to Day:
- Provide technical advice & oversight in designing, developing and deploying different Data solutions across the business
- Understanding of new datasets and how these can be incorporated into the data model and platform
- Work closely with agile team members to collaborate and influence new development
- Work with product owners and developers to populate and build Sprint backlogs
- Actively share technical expertise with the team via coaching and mentoring.
- Work independently in a fast paced and changing environment
- Work with a complex ETL environment across multiple database technologies
We'd love you to bring:
Firstly an ability to learn new technologies
- Extensive Data Modelling experience
- Domain Specialist in Big Data Architecture technologies (Hive / Redshift)
- Experience working with a cloud platform preferably AWS
- Knowledge of a Database technology relational or NoSQL
- Must have experience in design and development of analytics and reporting.
- Some experience of Data Science and Machine Learning
- Drive and initiative to learn whatever is necessary to explore new and existing solutions
- Understanding of streaming technologies – AWS Kinesis / Apache Kafka
We'd offer the below benefits in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.