- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
Purpose of Role:
Work in a multi-functional team responsible for designing, creating and supporting new technical products and services to support esure’s business and its results-oriented digital transformation.
Day to Day Duties:
- Key member of a multi-disciplined, robust Agile team accountable for shaping and building the esure future
- Design and build digital and technical products to meet the needs of esure’s customers and internal partners
- Work within a team to define the technical direction for the products you are supporting
- Green field development from the ground up building internal and externally facing APIs
- Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment
- Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours
- Drive the continued rollout of our Enterprise Agile and transformation journey
- Identify areas of improvement around technical quality of the product and opportunities for the removal of technical debt
- Challenge the current processes to constantly improve the department's ways of working and increase efficiency
- Share knowledge within the team whilst adopting and sharing ideas with like-minded others
We'd love you to bring:
- Must have shown developer experience in a scaled Agile environment, alongside delivery partners and 3rd party applications
- Must have significant digital transformation experience
- Experience of Java, React, micro services, database programming, event streaming and queueing technologies in a cloud-based environment
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrable experience working on digital transformation programmes within a multi-functional Agile team
- Knowledge and experience of code quality practices such as continuous integration, unit testing and peer reviews
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites or critical line of business systems
- Experience of automated integration and acceptance testing, ideally with a BDD framework standards)
We'd offer the below benefits in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.