Junior Financial Planning and Analysis Modeler
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Financial Planning and Analysis Modeler to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
As a key addition to the wider Finance function, you will support the enhancement of existing Financial Planning excel models, including re-platforming these models to a new software tool that will support the broader financial reporting, MI and forecasting needs of the Commercial Finance team.
What you will do:
- Play a key role in the rebuild of the current Financial Planning process and models to deliver a ‘best in class’ excel solution.
- Support the transition from the current excel solution from an IFRS4 basis to a proforma IFRS17 basis solution with further development into a more automated new software tool solution
- Support the review and delivery of improvements to process design, usability, efficiency, adaptability to business developments and the robustness of output results
- Deliver enhancements in forecasting methodologies, approach and projection patterns
- Present complex, wide ranging analysis, drawing out the salient points to enable senior financial and non-financial management to quickly assimilate the key issues and impacts
- Support the development of creative and implementable solutions that will lead to an agile and fast moving CFO function.
- Support the roll-out of training and support/develop users of the financial models.
What we would love you to bring:
- Qualified accountant or actuary ideally with insurance / financial services background
- Significant experience of excel and software solution financial modelling.
- Experience of efficient data structuring.
- Highly organised, able to adeptly navigate across teams and subject areas and to operate in complex, agile environments whilst maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Comfortable with and adept at problem solving.
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience, and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post Covid19
- Staff discount on our products
- Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.