Financial Planning and Analysis Modeler
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Planning and Analysis Modeler to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
As a key addition to the wider Finance function, you will lead the enhancement of existing Financial Planning excel models, including re-platforming these models to a new software tool that will support the broader financial reporting, MI and forecasting needs of the Commercial Finance team.
What you will do:
- Lead in the rebuild of the current Financial Planning process and models to deliver a ‘best in class’ excel solution
- Transition over time, the excel solution from an IFRS4 basis to a proforma IFRS17 basis solution with further development into a more automated new software tool solution
- Review and deliver improvements to process design, usability, efficiency, adaptability to business developments and the robustness of output results
- Identify enhancements in forecasting methodologies, approach and projection patterns
- Contribute to the development and re-platforming of the Financial Planning models and processes to a new software tool forecast solution
- Present complex, wide ranging analysis, drawing out the salient points to enable senior financial and non-financial management to quickly assimilate the key issues and impacts
- Support the development of creative and implementable solutions that will lead to an agile and fast moving CFO function
- Work closely with, train, support and develop users of the financial models; sharing best practice, knowledge, processes and providing effective cover on tasks
What we would love you to bring:
- Qualified accountant with insurance / financial services background
- Significant experience of excel and software solution financial modelling, ideally with experience of building from scratch in a best practice manner
- Experience of efficient data structuring
- Clear, concise communicator capable of articulating complex subjects to stakeholders at all levels
- Highly organised, able to adeptly navigate across teams and subject areas and to operate in complex, agile environments whilst maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and precision.
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience, and potential
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post Covid19
- Staff discount on our products
- Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.