Technical Claims Specialist
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Claims
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
Overall Purpose of the Job
To manage a caseload consisting primarily of high value motor personal injury claims in a professional and competent manner. Claims handling is to be pro-active and customer focused in order to achieve speedy and cost efficient settlements and maximize savings.
To provide guidance and assistance on technical matters to other areas of the claims operation.
- Manage all aspects of our Technical Claims, which incorporate Personal Injury, Home, Public Liability and Third Party property damage (excluding litigation). Claims handling should adhere to Company processes and procedures.
- Manage an allocation of large loss/higher value PI claims, reporting progress and seeking guidance on an ongoing basis from the Technical Claims Manager/Head of Technical Claims.
- Establish good communication channels with all the Claims Teams, to ensure they remain up to date with changes in Law or procedures.
- Design and implement technical updates (in conjunction with the Technical Claims Manager/Head of Technical Claims), to enhance the claims process and claims handling skills of the Department as a whole.
- Conduct audits and reviews to ensure that KPIs are maintained and that the Department’s communication (internally and externally) is of a high standard.
- Carry out project work as and when requested by the Technical Claims Manager/Head of Technical Claims.
- Deal with referrals from other Teams in a timely and efficient manner. Approachability and clarity will be key when dealing with these cases.
- Ensure all reinsurance treaty obligations are met within individual case loads.
- Conduct/undertake special tasks/responsibilities as will arise from time to time be allocated by the Technical Claims Manager/Head of Technical Claims.
- Proven personal injury claims handling experience, including relevant working knowledge of serious and fatality claims.
- Experience of handling high value cases (£100k+) through to settlement.
- An excellent understanding of the Road Traffic Act and insurance/legal protocols and procedures.
- Good communication, organisational, influencing and negotiation skills are essential for this role along with the ability to develop relationships with all levels of staff, customers, Third Parties, solicitors and suppliers.
- The jobholder will be self-motivated and able to work as part of team. They should also have a good level of computer literacy.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Profit Share
- Festive Bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.