Finance Business Analyst
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst to join us on a 9 – 12 month FTC basis to support a broad transformation programme, specifically within the Finance team.
Working across the Transformation programme you will take ownership of the integration and documentation of new processes and controls and support the enhancement of existing processes.
What you will do:
- Support the Finance team on existing BAU tasks to create capacity for the team to work on requirements of the change programme.
- Seek to understand current business processes and new ones emerging from the change programme and identify solutions to deliver the financial reporting, control and data requirements within the CFO area
- Actively understand business needs, capabilities and identify solutions to deliver prescribed business outcomes specific to the forecasting, reporting and data aspects of the operational change programme within the CFO area
- Working with SMEs in the Finance team and colleagues within the Finance Transformation team to provide key analytical support, advice and expertise on key projects.
- Ensure business needs and requirements are understood, documented, delivered and tested in order that technology, process and organisational changes can be deployed and supported effectively.
- Responsibility for planning, stakeholder engagement and workshops to enable analysis and documentation to enable effective project delivery.
- Support the development of creative and implementable solutions that will lead to an agile and fast moving CFO function.
What we are looking for:
- A seasoned Business Analyst who has experience working on large change and transformation programmes, specifically within a Finance department
- Experience supporting the implementation of Financial reporting and control solutions or implementing FP&A Solutions is highly advantageous
- Experience of Capturing and articulating the business requirement as a Functional Specification or User Story where appropriate
- End to end understanding of finance processes, process flows and control frameworks.
- Ability to produce end user training material and to deliver target training to finance users.
- Highly organised, able to adeptly navigate across teams and subject areas and to operate in complex environments whilst maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- A passion for Agile and Scrum methodologies/framework and the ability to coach and guide teams through Agile adoption
- Finance professional, (preferably qualified accountant) with insurance / financial services background is highly advantageous
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience, and potential
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post Covid19
- Staff discount on our products
- Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.