- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
As a member of the wider IT transformation function you will be passionate about promoting and supporting our continued digital transformation journey through agile delivery.
The Scrum Master is responsible for coaching and supporting their dedicated squads to perform at their highest level and to achieve successful project delivery. This involves removing any blockers from the team, facilitating meetings, ensuring the product backlog is ready for the next sprint, gathering team level metrics and making sure our teams and stakeholders understand the values, practices and mindset of scaled agile.
What you will do:
- Continuous coaching of the team, stakeholders and leadership on Scrum and Agile principles
- Arrange and facilitate Agile ceremonies and review Agile metrics to provide visibility into data that the team needs to see and understand to improve
- Improve value delivery by removing roadblocks and impediments that prevent progress
- Work with and coach the Product Owner to refine and prioritise the backlog
- Foster team self-organization, help the team to make decisions and consult team members regarding everything Agile
- Assist the team to break down epics and to map out the user stories, as well as writing, splitting and estimation of user stories
- Facilitate learning opportunities for colleagues (e.g. talks or workshops) helping them learn important Agile concepts
- Ensure the team keeps focus on the sprint goal (e.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team) to deliver the work committed to in the sprint.
- Help the team to maintain their Scrum tools (Story board, Action board, charts, backlogs, etc.)
- Make time for individual coaching and assist individual team members with issues and challenges they are facing
- Continually look for ways to help the team perform at their highest level
What we would love you to bring:
- Be a champion of Scrum and Agile with extensive experience of guiding and supporting the organisation with their adoption of Scaled Agile, including Scrum practices and values
- Have a passion for coaching teams and helping them improve the ways they work
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA (or similar tools) and how they can be used to improve processes and efficiencies of the team
- Have an excellent understanding of the underlying principles of Agile and how to effectively apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations
- Have in depth knowledge of Scaled Agile methods. Such as but not limited to XP, TDD, BDD and continuous integration.
- An industry approved certification such as A-CSM, PSM II or higher
- Have experience working with distributed teams and effectivity promoting collaboration, using online tools
- Enjoy the challenge of been a catalyst for change and help people be comfortable with the changes
- Excellent team player and collaborator with a focus on team dynamics that foster unity.
- See the value of the individual people in the teams, what they contribute, and how you can help them unlock their potential to provide the best value to the organization.
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance (7.5% for immediate family)
- Discretionary bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.