Full Stack Developer - Java / Spring Boot
- Cadogan St, Glasgow G2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
Purpose of the Role:
Work in a cross functional team responsible for designing, creating and supporting new technical products and services to support esure’s business and its ambitious digital transformation.
The Day to Day:
- Key member of a multi-disciplined, high performing Agile team accountable for shaping and building the esure future
- Design and build digital and technical products to meet the needs of esure’s customers and internal stakeholders
- Work within a team to define the technical direction for the products you are supporting
- Software development from the ground up building internal and externally facing APIs
- Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment
- Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours
- Drive the continued rollout of our Enterprise Agile and transformation journey
- Identify areas of improvement around technical quality of the product and opportunities for the removal of technical debt
- Challenge the current processes to constantly improve the department's ways of working and increase efficiency
- Share knowledge within the team whilst embracing and sharing ideas with like-minded others
We'd Love You to Bring:
- Developer experience in a scaled Agile environment, alongside delivery partners and 3rd party applications
- Any experience of Java, Springboot, micro services, database programming, event streaming and queueing technologies in a cloud-based environment. A full stack developer is an advantage in this role, but not always essential.
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a cross functional team
- Knowledge and experience of code quality practices such as continuous integration, unit testing and peer reviews
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Experience in design and development of distributed, scalable, and highly available systems
- Skilled in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretionary Bonus
- Festive Bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.