Third Party Damage Specialist
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Claims
- Working Hours: 37.5
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
The Third-Party Damage Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day Management of their individual Caseload that arises from New Claims where there is potential damage to either the Customer’s vehicle or/and the Third Parties resulting from a Car accident. They are required to determine liability of the incident and to service the Customer’s needs. This role involves a high degree of influencing and negotiating with particular emphasis on conflict resolution. The Third-Party Damage Specialist has a pivotal role to play in achieving a balance between the provision of a quality service combined with the commercial focus required to ensure that the company meets all targets. . They will also be responsible for their own development within the Third-Party Damage team in conjunction with their Team Leader. They support the rest of the team to accomplish their tasks and priorities, ensuring a consistent and thorough approach to customer care, process and indemnity control.
· It is positive but not essential that the jobholder has a knowledge of general claims handling, and Third-Party Damage file handling, ideally within the insurance industry.
· Front line customer support in a target driven role.
· Influencing and negotiating, during liability discussions.
· Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level (Maths and English - Grade C and above) or equivalent.
· Computer skills (including the Internet).
· Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Regulatory Compliance.
· Knowledge of Claims processes and systems.
· Self-motivated whilst having the ability to work as part of a team.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.