- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for an Actuarial Manager to join us on a permanent basis.
As a key addition to the wider Finance function, you will enhance business insight and performance through actuarial analysis You will use your experience to shape the analysis and reporting of ultimate claims projections for the reporting of performance to the Group Executive, Board and Shareholder alongside statutory reporting on an IFRS and Solvency II basis.
What you will do:
Business Insight and Reserving
- Professionally carry out reserve reviews to underpin esure’s booked claims reserves.
- Immerse yourself within the business to understand the drivers and uncertainties behind claims emergence
- Strive to make our analysis and interaction with colleagues in Claims Analytics, Pricing, Planning, Capital Management and the wider business close and continuous to land practical and engaging insight
Team Structure, Communication and Leadership
- Shape the analysis and reporting of ultimate claims projections for the reporting of performance to the Group Executive, Board and Shareholder alongside statutory reporting on an IFRS and Solvency II basis.
- Hands on analysis and direct leading of three Actuarial Analysts both in their workplace and IFoA qualification development.
- We are on a journey to understand and implement IFRS17 reporting and along with the rest of the team you will shape the actuarial aspects of the new standards and help take us to full implementation.
Our Tech Journey and Future Development
- We are transforming our techical platforms which will make our data more enriched and accessible than it has ever been before. Where our analysis can be automated we want to leverage our new systems wherever possible. This will free up time to monitor emerging trends and drivers of performance, especially for the more complex and long-tailed claims.
- Part of our transformation ambition is to use data science wherever we can to achieve market leading analysis. esure is currently building an in house data science team so whilst we don’t expect you to come with hands-on machine learning experience, part of your role is to work closely with this team by exploring with them the art of the possible for next generation reserving techniques.
What we would love you to bring:
- Qualified actuary (IFoA or equivalent) member
- Post-qualification experience in personal lines reserving
- Insurance industry experience is essential
- A real enthusiasm for driving colleagues within the team to be the best that they can by mentoring and leading by example
- A passion for communication and working with key stakeholders across the business
- Experience in, or a desire to explore, the insights that can be achieved by using machine learning techniques in reserving.
What we will offer you in return:
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance (7.5% for immediate family)
- Discretionary bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.