Senior Finance Business Partner
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Business Partner to join us on a permanent basis.
As a member of the wider Finance function, you will support and act as the lead Finance contact for our Home Insurance department with a particular focus for this role on the Trading/Pricing, Underwriting and Commercial functions. You will ensure that financial aspects, controls and objectives are adequately considered in all commercial decisions.
What you will do:
- Act as Finance lead for the home insurance product segment by proactively seeking to anticipate, understand and communicate opportunities, risks and key drivers of performance
- Participate with relevant function heads in the evaluation of operational performance, the impact / assessment and decision-making process for different operational responses, choices, initiatives, and project activities.
- Provide analysis, commentary, and recommendations around KPI’s and financial impact
- Lead the production and delivery of agreed inputs to the monthly forecasts, annual budgets/plans, predominantly for the Trading/Pricing, Underwriting and Commercial functions considering premiums, volumes, burn cost, additional services revenue, associated marketing and acquisition costs, and expense budgets
- Coordinate with the Financial Modelling team to feed assumptions into the Group financial models and provide analysis and commentary for presentation to the Group Executive and Board
- Manage key inputs into the Financial Reporting team for associated activities including monthly accruals and provisions, reconciliations, and preparation of monthly reports.
- Support transformation activities across the function and wider business
- Design, recommend and agree new and improved functional reporting, analysis and processes that support stakeholders’ requirements.
What we would love you to bring:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) with recent Insurance sector experience. Personal lines insurance is desirable however we would consider other insurance experience
- Experience supporting Motor or Home insurance departments or Trading/Pricing, Underwriting and Commercial functions
- Demonstrable experience and the ability to bring financial and strategic insight to current and future financial performance
- The ability to confidently challenge and influence senior management with a desire to understand different operational areas and business activities
- Understand the impact of external factors and internal decisions on revenue, claims and expenses
- Strong Analytical mindset to analyse and evaluate findings and explain potential commercial impact, challenging where necessary, this may include conflicting ideas or approaches and areas of uncertainty.
- Advanced systems skills (in particular MS Excel) with prior knowledge of financial modelling highly advantageous
What we will offer you in return:
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills, experience and potential
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 flex days (equivalent to bank holidays to be taken as and when suits you)
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working – including hybrid working post covid
- Staff discount on our products
At esure, we are committed to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity. We celebrate and nurture our diversity because it makes strong business sense and because it’s the right thing to do. We are passionate about making everyone feel welcome, included and comfortable bringing their whole self to work every day.
esure cares for our people, our customers, our society and our planet. We aim to ensure all colleagues and job applicants are given equal opportunity and our company is truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. esure is an inclusive environment which provides everyone the support they need to feel included, thrive, grow, meet their goals and have some fun.