Finance Scrum Master
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure Group, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Scrum Master to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
As a member of the wider Finance transformation function, you will be responsible for promoting and supporting our continued digital transformation journey through agile delivery. Making sure our team and stakeholders understand the values, practices and mindset of scaled agile.
What you will do:
- Play an integral role within the wider Finance transformation value stream to ensure maximum success with key finance systems implementation projects
- Continuous coaching of the team, stakeholders and leadership on Scrum and Agile principles
- Improve value delivery by removing roadblocks and impediments that prevent progress
- Work with the immediate finance transformation team and other key stakeholders to refine and prioritise the backlog.
- Review of Agile metrics to provide visibility into data that the team needs to see, and understand to improve
- Assist the team to break down epics and to map out the user stories, as well as writing, splitting and estimation of user stories
- Arrange and facilitate Agile ceremonies and assist with release planning
- Ensure the team keeps focus on the sprint goal (e.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team) to deliver the work committed to in the sprints
- Facilitate cross-training of team members to improve domain and skill knowledge
- Continually look for ways to support the team perform at their highest level
What we would love you to bring:
- Experience working with and supporting a finance function and finance focused programmes with a key focus on finance systems implementation is essentail
- Be a champion of Scrum and Agile and proactively guide and support the organisation with their adoption of Scaled Agile, including Scrum practices and values
- Have a passion for coaching teams and helping them improve the ways they work
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA/Confluence and how they can be used to improve processes and efficiencies of a team
- Have an excellent understanding of the underlying principles of Agile and how to effectively apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations
- Have in depth knowledge of Scaled Agile methods. Such as but not limited to XP, TDD, BDD and continuous integration. Understand when and how these tools can be most effectively implemented to assist teams to improve their ways of working
- Enjoy the challenge of been a catalyst for change and support people be comfortable with the changes
- Excellent team player and collaborator with a focus on team dynamics that foster unity
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance (7.5% for immediate family)
- Discretionary bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.