Home Claims (Technical) Team Leader
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Claims
- Working Hours: 37.5
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
The purpose of this role is to oversee the day to day management of a Home Claims team and to provide an environment that informs continuous improvement across all strategic areas, to play strong as one and work hard to maintain engagement across the operation.
· To ensure a strong focus remains on the customer journey through all channels of communication, understanding what’s most important for our customer and ace what matters most.
· Through proactive management of your team, identify customer service improvements and operational efficiencies that positively contribute towards the delivery of Business KPI’s and cost saving initiatives.
· To be self- motivated and accountable to ensure that the Home Claims Business Objectives are delivered.
· Resolve complex complaints from customers, handle complaint in a sympathetic manner, moving the complaint forward to a successful conclusion.
· Leverage efficiencies in the customer journey through technology and support the development of supplier validation tools/desktop strategies, promoting a positive attitude to change amongst your team.
· Extensive and thorough Home Claims knowledge built within the insurance industry in a large organisation.
· Forward thinking and focused, the jobholder will strive to continually improve processes, quality and performance.
· Evidence of coaching and developing people dedicated to frontline customer support in a targeted environment.
· Evidence of managing a team at a loss adjuster or other insurance company.
· Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level (Maths and English – Grade C and above) or equivalent.
· Computer Skills (including the Internet)
· Legal framework (Financial Ombudsman Service rulings and recent case law).
· FCA and Regulatory Compliance.
· Knowledge of Claims processes and systems.
· Knowledge of ABI Household and Property Agreements.
· Awareness of fraud indicators.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.