Senior Finance Business Partner
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Business Partner to join us on a permanent basis.
As a member of the wider Finance function, you will support and act as the lead Finance contact for our Home Insurance department with a particular focus for this role on the Trading/Pricing, Underwriting and Commercial functions. You will ensure that financial aspects, controls and objectives are adequately considered in all commercial decisions.
What you will do:
- Act as Finance lead for the home insurance product segment by proactively seeking to anticipate, understand and communicate opportunities, risks and key drivers of performance
- Participate with relevant function heads in the evaluation of operational performance, the impact / assessment and decision-making process for different operational responses, choices, initiatives, and project activities.
- Provide analysis, commentary, and recommendations around KPI’s and financial impact
- Lead the production and delivery of agreed inputs to the monthly forecasts, annual budgets/plans, predominantly for the Trading/Pricing, Underwriting and Commercial functions considering premiums, volumes, burn cost, additional services revenue, associated marketing and acquisition costs, and expense budgets
- Coordinate with the Financial Modelling team to feed assumptions into the Group financial models and provide analysis and commentary for presentation to the Group Executive and Board
- Develop analysis to support plans including scenario and what-if analysis.
- Manage key inputs into the Financial Reporting team for associated activities including monthly accruals and provisions, reconciliations, and preparation of monthly reports.
- Support transformation activities across the function and wider business
- Design, recommend and agree new and improved functional reporting, analysis and processes that support stakeholders’ requirements.
What we would love you to bring:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) with recent Insurance sector experience. Personal lines insurance is desirable however we would consider other insurance experience
- Experience supporting Motor or Home insurance departments or Trading/Pricing, Underwriting and Commercial functions
- Demonstrable experience and the ability to bring financial and strategic insight to current and future financial performance
- The ability to confidently challenge and influence senior management with a desire to understand different operational areas and business activities
- Understand the impact of external factors and internal decisions on revenue, claims and expenses
- The ability to apply working and commercial knowledge to maximise profitability and long-term value creation across a broad scope including various product areas, distribution channels, and cost models, and considering policy growth, segmental contribution and customer lifetime value.
- Strong Analytical mindset to analyse and evaluate findings and explain potential commercial impact, challenging where necessary, this may include conflicting ideas or approaches and areas of uncertainty.
- Good working knowledge of the general insurance market, key players, market dynamics, competitive forces and other factors which could influence the decision-making process. Personal lines insurance experience an advantage
- Advanced systems skills (in particular MS Excel) with prior knowledge of financial modelling highly advantageous
What we will offer you in return:
- 28 Days Holiday - rising to 30 days on year 5 and 31 days on year 10
- Eligibility for Management Bonus (Discretionary)
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance (7.5% for immediate family)
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.