Direct Claims Specialist
- 19 Cadogan St, Glasgow G2 6QQ, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Claims
- Working Hours: 37.5
We have a fantastic opportunity for a number of Claims Specialists to join our Motor Claims department, on a full-time permanent basis.
Our Claims Specialists aim to persuade the third-party claimant to deal direct via our policyholders’ policy, offering a range of services including repairs, compensation for vehicle damage and replacement vehicles
The specialist will also offer our direct service for personal injury if the claimant has sustained this as result of our accident.
- Manage own diaries to follow up on any potential capture opportunities that you have been unable to secure on the first attempt.
- Delivering a strong capture performance of 64% monthly or above.
- Ensure availability to manage incoming calls which could potentially lead to securing a third-party capture.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improves processes across the Direct Claimant department.
- Work collaboratively with peer group to achieve best outcomes for esure.
- Persuade claimant to use esure Network Repairers and Suppliers informing them of esure products when appropriate and providing sales and service contact numbers.
- Identify and feedback all areas of concern involving external suppliers which affect service delivery.
- Identify areas of self-development and work with relevant team leader or assigned training delegate to achieve set goals.
- It is a requirement that the jobholder has a knowledge of working in a sales-based role and it is essential that they have experience of working towards various targets.
- Ability to demonstrate good negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the RTA/MIB and legislation relevant to road traffic accidents and injury claims.
- Front line customer support in a target driven role.
- Influencing and negotiating, in particular objection resolution.
- Knowledge of Claims processes and systems would be advantageous.
- Self-motivated whilst having the ability to work as part of a team.
Our opening hours are Mon- Friday 8am – 8pm and sat 9am – 5pm and we operate between these hours with an example shift pattern of 8am – 4:30pm, 10am – 6:30pm and 11:30am – 8pm.
Your place of work will be the Glasgow office and you will work between there and home, this will be based on where the need is each month and what has been agreed as a team. Our focus on office working is around collaborating, connecting with colleagues and customer and creating. We expect that you will be in the office 40-60% of your time.
Salary - £21,696 plus up to 5% annual bonus
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), rising with length of service
- Festive Bonus
- Up to 5% annual bonus, part of profit share scheme
- Refer a friend scheme, up to £1,000
- Employee discounts on esure products
- Opportunities for career progression
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme