Paralegal (12 month FTC)
- Cadogan St, Glasgow G2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Legal
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are seeking a Paralegal to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
As a Paralegal, you will be assisting and supporting the Legal and Company Secretarial team to achieve the company’s business and commercial objectives by performing legal, regulatory and administrative tasks.
The day to day will include:
- Undertaking varied corporate governance work, including preparing board minutes, uploading documents into Diligent, maintaining corporate registers, assisting with annual report and preparing Companies House filings
- Supporting members of the legal department across areas such as corporate, commercial, insurance, marketing and IP
- Monitoring relevant publications to maintain a watching brief on legal and industry developments which are, or could be, applicable to the business
- Providing support on cross-functional projects and coordinating actions
- Contributing to the efficient running of record management and administrative processes of the Legal and Company Secretarial function
- Financial duties including raising POs, invoice payments, budget tracking and reviewing of expenses
- Upkeep of the Governance section on company's corporate website, whilst ensuring consistency with our Customer brand websites
- Preparing meeting agendas, keep minutes/actions and maintaining the minutes books
- Maintaining the Corporate calendar, corporate board and committee meetings diary
- Coordinating Board and Committee days
- General administrative duties as and when needed
We would love you to bring:
- An understanding of the principles of contract law, and a general understanding of business and financial principals that relate to services agreements, along with the ability to draft legal documentation
- Maintenance of confidentiality and discretion at all times is essential
- An adaptable and flexible approach to the different needs and priorities of the role
- An excellent communicator with effective planning and organisation skills
- Strong experience using Microsoft packages
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Profit Share
- Festive Bonus
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.