Claims Team Leader
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Claims
- Working Hours: 37.5
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
The CLT Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the team in dealing with newly reporting claims through the settlement. The Team Leader supports the team to accomplish their tasks and priorities, ensuring a consistent and thorough approach to customer care and process control. It is also the responsibility of the Team Leader to ensure that the individual team members are developed to their full potential and organise their training needs accordingly to ensure that this is achieved.
The role also has responsibility for dealing with complex claims issues, customer complaints, and deals with referrals from the team.
The Team Leader must ensure that the highest standards of customer care and satisfaction are delivered by the team, combined with the requirement to make decisions about the validity of a claim. Strong inter-personal skills and tact will be essential when circumstances of potential fraud are being investigated.
Using effective communication skills, the Team Leader provides an important point of referral for Advisors, Specialists and Executives, whilst ensuring the provision of a consistent and thorough approach to the handling of customers’ claims.
The Team Leader is also responsible for maintaining external relationships, such as with the repairs, suppliers and solicitors.
· It is essential that the jobholder has an extensive knowledge of general claims handling, ideally within the insurance industry.
· They will also be able to demonstrate a successful track record of managing and a team of people to achieve a high level of performance and engagement.
· Front line customer support in a target driven role.
· Influencing and negotiating, in particular objections resolution.
· Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level (Maths and English - Grade C and above) or equivalent.
· Computer skills (including the Internet).
· Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Regulatory Compliance.
· Knowledge of Claims processes and systems.
· Self-motivated whilst having the ability to work as part of a team.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.