DevOps Engineer - 9/12 month FTC
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2 0SH, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: IT
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
As part of esure’s DevOps team, the DevOps Engineer supports a variety of cloud-based infrastructure covering front-end websites, back-end APIs and serverless functions as well as the ‘route-to-live’ deployment pipeline.
They are responsible for the support, maintenance and provisioning of environments and are the primary release function within esure IT. They also share skills within our Cloud Services team and should be an evangelist for DevOps best-practice to the broader IT community.
- High level of competency in regard to support and change activity relating to DevOps and associated tooling
- Proficient in Linux
- Experience of Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions
- Ability to work equally well as part of a team or individually and manage own workload as required
- Proven experience of working within a DevOps culture with strong and effective collaboration skills
- Strong and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Proven and demonstrable aptitude for obtaining and exploiting new skills and knowledge
- Proven and demonstrable attitude for broadening understanding, and gaining knowledge and skills that fall outside of immediate area of expertise
- Experience working within a DevOps/Continuous Delivery set up
- A sound understanding of the full application development lifecycle coupled with some software engineering experience.
- Requires a thorough approach and attention to detail.
- Experience of Financial Services and the General Insurance industry in particular is preferable.
- Great communication skills
- AWS (particularly EC2, Lambda, S3, Elastic Beanstalk/ECS/EKS)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Jira and Confluence
- Monitoring / alerting tools and solutions
- Puppet (or similar) and Terraform
- Scripting or coding with shell/bash and/or Python
- Strong networking knowledge
- Postgres and Oracle databases
- Experience working in multi-cloud environments
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic (or similar software)
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional annual bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.