Financial Reporting Accountant
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are currently looking for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join our Finance team based in Reigate. This role is a fixed term contract for up to 12 months.
As a Financial Reporting Accountant you will create capacity within the Financial Reporting team to enable the optimisation and transformation of current processes to achieve required future state. You will also need to be solution and ideas driven and able to deliver change.
What you'll do:
- Support in the production of monthly financial reports for presentation to directors and other senior management to analyse and explain the financial results compared to prior periods, budget and forecast positions. This will involve investigating specific areas and providing comments to be reviewed and included in the final reports by the Financial Reporting Manager.
- Ensure that proper accounting records are produced and maintained to support reported results, including reconciliations and other control mechanisms.
- To perform pre-month end preparation of accounting files, and spreadsheets ready for the following month end
- Maintenance and reconciliation of fixed assets accounting records and other balance sheet items
- Liaison with external auditors to ensure that annual and interim financial audits are completed in a timely basis
- Assist as required with the insurance company’s reinsurance treaty accounting
- Work to time-pressured tax and financial reporting deadlines each month-end, quarter end and at year-end
- Understand the group’s financial reporting processes and procedures. Constantly reassessing them for accuracy and efficiency and seeking to recommend improvements wherever possible
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy of reporting in a changing and dynamic environment
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Insurance industry experience is essential
- Oracle Financial systems would be highly advantageous
- Intermediate computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Advanced Excel/VBA experience would be an advantage
- Good/Excellent problem solving abilities
- Drive for results and curiosity
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.