Accounts Assistant (Cash Operations & Payables)
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to provide essential support to our Finance team.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for reconciling the cash and banking activities for esure Insurance, including the preparation of the general ledger journals for the banking accounting entries.
You will assist with producing the banking exceptions report for esure Insurance, and will also be responsible for the effective handling of customer, client, supplier and internal business department enquiries.
What you will do:
Cash and Banking:
- Working closely with the Team Leader – Cash Operations, ensure timely production of daily bank reconciliations, including the monitoring, reporting and resolution of the ROI banking exceptions
- Responsible for updating the daily Reconciliation Open Interface (ROI) banking Exceptions Report and recording new exceptions requiring action by Claims
- Monitor the Exception details report to ensure Claims meet their SLA’s
- Perform the daily bank reconciliation’s for esure Insurance to include preparation of the general ledger journals for the banking accounting entries
- Responsible for the weekly Copart Salvage Returns reconciliation to the bank statement for esure Insurance and investigate any discrepancies
- Responsible for the daily bank reconciliation of the Recovery banking entries for esure Insurance, to include preparation of the general ledger journals for the banking accounting entries and investigate any discrepancies
- To input banking payments using Barclays.Net
- To provide support in processing invoices received into the Accounts Payable mailbox ensuring they are input onto Oracle within 48 hours of receipt
- Liaising with Accounts Payable Accounts Assistant to answer queries received into the Accounts Payable mailbox within 24 hours of receipt
- Assisting in the processing of staff expenses
- Processing/Reviewing of the weekly Repairernet
- Processing payments in Oracle for bank exceptions
- Providing support processing daily customer payments
- Working closely with the Accounts Payable Accounts Assistant to resolve Purchase Order queries
- Support the verification of bank details for new suppliers ensuring controls are adhered to
- Assisting with Accounts Assistant with the customer cheque processes when required
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience working within a financial environment would be ideal
- An intermediate level of knowledge of MS Excel is essential
- Attention to detail is vital for this role, along with a methodical and organised approach to working
- We are looking for someone who can deal with a high volume of tasks and is able facilitate a quick turnover of work
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and a pro-active approach to their work
- Able to communicate at all levels throughout the business
- An ability to effectively work independently and remotely is essential
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.