- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Finance
- Working Hours: 35
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are currently looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our Finance team on a fixed term contract basis.
As an Accounts Assistant, you will be dealing with all aspects of Claims cheque administration, ensuring all cheques are handled effectively and recoveries are banked within agreed service levels.
You'll also ensure the purchase ledger is accurate and up-to-date and that all suppliers are paid within agreed payment terms, whilst ensuring that all invoices and expenses are processed within agreed service levels.
What you'll do:
- Produce daily Oracle Discoverer reports Cheque Register and Duplicate Cheque Reports for use by Claims staff. Review duplicate cheque report, identifying anomalies, investigating and correcting as required
- Complete Special Delivery requests received in the Finance mailbox within agreed SLA’s
- Ensure any claims letters or reports received in the Finance mailbox are attached to the appropriate TIA cheque in the daily batch and dispatched as requested
- Responsible for administering large cheques
- Complete daily reviews of all TIA cheque production, ensuring cancellation of cheques with ‘do not mail’/missing/wrong supporting information, before dispatch within agreed SLA’s
- Ensure Recovery Cheques payable to Third Party Insurers are dispatched to Claims accordingly
- Ensure Finance contact Claims weekly to resolve 'missing information' claims cheques returned by third parties
- Manage the Stop Cheque process and shared report, recording in the cancelled cheque register stopped cheque details requested through Barclays iPortal
- Investigate and action appropriately all enquiries related to Claims payments, ensuring correct actions and timeliness of responses
- Ensure that working practices and controls comply with the company policies and procedures whilst proactively identifying working process improvements
Cash and Banking:
- Responsible for the preparation of manual cheques for deceased policyholders, Add-On claims and one-off supplier payments, including obtaining signatories and distribution within the agreed SLA of 48 hours. This also includes maintaining the manual cheque log.
- Process ad hoc TIA Bordereaux payments and remittances, ensuring requests balance to the required payment request.
- To input banking payments using Barclays.net
- Responsible for banking cheques received in the department.
- To support the production of the bi-weekly cash flow report in respect of cash balances across the esure Group bank accounts.
- Be aware of fraud indicators for cash & banking and raise any suspected fraudulent attempts to Financial Crime and the Team Leader - Cash Operations & broker as appropriate
- Act as the Finance representative for fraud investigations and ensure any external intelligence received is reviewed and actioned accordingly
- Act as the Finance representative for cheque referrals as requested by Barclays Bank and actioned accordingly
- Assist the Team Leader to ensure all expenses are verified in accordance with the Purchasing Policy and are processed on receipt
- Ad-hoc duties such as filing for Accounts Payable, collating reports etc
- Maintain and run the weekly Accounts Payable BACS payment process and invoice holds report
- Create new suppliers on the Accounts Payable system in accordance with the new supplier process
- Assist the Team Leader with inputting supplier invoices
- Deputise for the Team Leader when required
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience working within a financial environment would be ideal
- An intermediate level of knowledge of MS Excel is essential
- Attention to detail is vital for this role, along with a methodical and organised approach to working
- We are looking for someone who can deal with a high volume of tasks and is able facilitate a quick turnover of work
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and a pro-active approach to their work
- Able to communicate at all levels throughout the business
- An ability to effectively work independently and remotely is essential
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.