Delivery Manager - 12 month FTC
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: IT
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for the delivery of large scale, complex initiative's and leading a virtual team who support the successful implementation of the initiatives. Defining business needs and managing the priority of these via the product backlog within an Agile delivery environment.
Day to Day Duties:
- Accountable for E2E IT delivery of Product Roadmap that has been agreed with the business alongside the Portfolio and Lead, Delivery and Product Managers.
- E2E responsibility for shaping and driving the initiatives forward in adherence to esure’s methodology, governance and budget/resource constraints.
- Ensure delivery is in line with IT architectural framework, Data Strategy and all Business Implementation elements of the programme.
- Work with Platform Services Manager to determine priorities and agree use of resource capacity within the Platform Services area to best meet the business and project needs.
- Evaluation of new change across the initiatives to assess Architectural fit, scale, Service aspects, run costs and impact / dependency on other changes.
- Lead and motivate multiple multi-disciplined Agile teams, having the knowledge and experience to provide support and guidance.
- Contribute to the Sprint planning process across the whole programme and support the Sprints once in progress, across all requirements, development and QA aspects.
- Manage, track and report on initiative budgets to ensure best value is delivered and accurate forecasts can be made
- Ensure successful transition of initiative deliverables to Live Service and support.
- Demonstrate a full awareness of the impact of change on Service and run environments, ensuring all project work and day to day actions take account of these aspects.
- Input into wider resource capacity planning across the discipline.
- Benefits realisation and measurement processes are established with Business Insight and Finance.
- Ensure appropriate engagement and delivery of external partners within the initiative. Escalate to Supplier Relationship Manager as necessary.
We'd love you to bring:
- Proven experience of delivering complex business and technical projects.
- Solid experience of using Agile and lean methodologies to build and lead teams, deliver programmes, projects and products.
- Full system lifecycle experience including live service support.
- Must have experience of working as a Delivery Manager on a variety of large/complex projects within an Agile / SCRUM / Dev Ops delivery model.
- Proven experience in managing cross-dependencies and prioritisation.
- Proven experience of managing project budgets, delivering value for money and forecasting need.
- Proven experience of driving continuous, provable improvements and efficiencies in a delivery environment.
- Understanding of strategic mobilisation and benefits.
- Good understanding of software engineering process /tools, e.g. DevOps.
- Technical knowledge of software development gained from either previously being a developer, analyst or tester.
- ICP-DAS (Delivery At Scale) or equivalent Lean-Agile certification
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional bonus
- Festive Bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.