Lead Product Manager
- Reigate Hill, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 37.5
- Department: IT
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
We are seeking a Lead Product Manager to join us remotley to support our Insurance Product growth plans. You will be working as part of a growing and experienced Leadership team, helping to develop your own team, expanding and enhancing our many different platforms across challenging and large transformational change.
Who we are:
The Product Delivery teams are organised into Product Domains of which Pricing and Product are two. These Domains face into Pricing and Underwriting Business teams and are responsible for delivering all ‘Change’ for those areas.
We are in a transitional phase working towards a scaled agile organisation, continually adapting and improving our ways of working through developing our agile practices. Our team includes Lead Delivery Managers, Lead Product Managers, Delivery Managers and Product Managers working alongside Engineering and QA resource.
What you'll do:
- Working for the Portfolio Delivery Manager, engage with key business stakeholders at all levels, to develop Business Strategy and Business Roadmaps for the Insurance Product and Pricing Domain.
- Coach the team in Scrum and other agile practices
- Develop and shape Insurance Product Propositions for the Pricing / Insurance Product Domain to reach various target market segments whilst continually maximising value delivery
- Oversee backlog management through your team ensuring ‘value’ and complexity of backlog items is clearly understood and used to evaluate priorities on continual basis.
- Recruitment and line management of Product Managers in your team.
- Close liaison with Architecture Teams to align with the Digital Business Platform and Technical Roadmaps
- Working closely with Lead Delivery Managers, Delivery Managers and Scrum masters to ensure business value is delivered and priorities are clearly understood
- Through your team, Lead the engagement with Engineering, Platform and Data on all your initiatives
- Become an active and engaged part of the Leads community and continuously improve our processes and ways of working, supporting our journey to a fully scaled agile organisation
- Undertake exploratory analysis in conjunction with your wider team (Delivery, QA, Engineering and Architecture leads) to support the investigation and viability of new opportunities.
- Provide vision and direction to all stakeholders throughout the business and to the delivery teams.
- Prioritise product backlogs to ensure optimum delivery order in line with agreed Product Roadmap and priorities.
- Some travel required to the Manchester & Glasgow offices.
What we are looking for:
- Proven recent experience of working as a Lead Business Analyst / Lead Product Manager on many large initiatives within an agile / SCRUM / Dev Ops delivery model
- Proven and recent experience of managing a team of Business Analysts/ Product Managers in an agile environment
- Proven experience in the General Insurance Industry within the Pricing and Product space (Motor & Home products) and especially Insurance Product Proposition development
- Proven experience and proficient use of collaboration tools such as Confluence, Jira, Slack, teams etc
- Proven experience in transitioning from waterfall to agile and experience of scaling agile
- A confident, strong, resilient and capable individual, comfortable working with ambiguity
- First class communication and facilitation skills – confidently interacts up to and including Exec level
- Proven ability to collaborate seamlessly with all disciplines within delivery teams and those across the wider IT dept and the business to unblock issues and ensure product/delivery success
- Proven ability to build robust relationships with key stakeholders whilst ensuring all IT delivery assets, governance and processes are followed
- Proven experience of developing and building highly productive and capable teams
- Proven and robust planning and organisational skills
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.