Scrum Master - Business Change - 9 month FTC
- 19 Cadogan St, Glasgow G2 6QQ, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: IT
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
- Continuous coaching of the team, stakeholders and leadership on Scrum and Agile principles.
- Arrange and facilitate Agile ceremonies.
- Improve value delivery by removing roadblocks and impediments that prevent progress.
- Work with and coach the Product Owner to refine and prioritise the backlog.
- Review of Agile metrics to provide visibility into data that the team needs to see, and understand to improve.
- Foster team self-organization., help the team to make decisions and consult team members regarding everything Agile.
- Assist the team to break down epics and to map out the user stories, as well as writing, splitting and estimation of user stories.
- Assist with the release planning.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders.
- Facilitate learning opportunities for colleagues (e.g. talks or workshops) helping them learn important Agile concepts.
- Ensure the team keeps focus on the sprint goal (e.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team) to deliver the work committed to in the sprint.
- Help the team to maintain their Scrum tools (Story board, Action board, charts, backlogs, etc.).
- Facilitate cross-training of team members to improve domain and skill knowledge.
- Follow up with the team on the action items from the previous retrospective.
- Make time for individual coaching, and assist individual team members with issues and challenges they are facing.
- Liaise between leadership, delivery managers, product owner, stakeholders and the team.
- Continually look for ways to help the team perform at their highest level.
- Be a champion of Scrum and Agile and proactively guide and support the organisation with their adoption of Scaled Agile, including Scrum practices and values.
- Have a passion for coaching teams and helping them improve the ways they work.
- Build a safe and trusting environment.
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA (or similar tools) and how they can be used to improve processes and efficiencies of the team.
- Have an excellent understanding of the underlying principles of Agile and how to effectively apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations.
- Have in depth knowledge of Scaled Agile methods. Such as but not limited to XP, TDD, BDD and continuous integration. Understand when and how these tools can be most effectively implemented to assist teams to improve their ways of working.
- An industry approved certification such as A-CSM, PSM II or higher.
- Have experience working with distributed teams and effectivity promoting collaboration, using online tools.
- Excellent commination skills
- Experience of using the value stream map so as to help teams eliminate waste by applying lean principles.
- Enjoy the challenge of been a catalyst for change and help people be comfortable with the changes.
- Excellent team player and collaborator with a focus on team dynamics that foster unity.
- See the value of the individual people in the teams, what they contribute, and how you can help them unlock their potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretionary Bonus
- Festive Bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.