- The Meridian, 25 Quay St, Manchester M3 4AL, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: Operations
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
esure has a fantastic opportunity for two Insights Analysts to join our Resource Planning department, on a fixed term contracting lasting approximately 6 months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing insight and analysis to the business, evaluating performance and recommending new initiatives to support operational strategies.
You will provide technical support to the business, including when necessary the design, implementation and maintenance of databases and related reporting tools.
- Interrogate data warehouse using SAS programming to meet ad hoc business requests
- Maintenance of SQL Server data tables and scheduled jobs.
- Provide standard reporting of call centre information adhering to deadlines, adding supporting commentary and analysis.
- Continually observe operational performance, identifying trends and areas for investigation and analysis.
- Provide ad hoc analysis for the business areas, including supporting commentary and recommendations for performance improvements.
- Review processes and systems that impact upon MI production, insight and analysis, recommending improvements in processes, systems and practices.
- Validate data output and accuracy of data sources to ensure consistency and accuracy of data is achieved.
- Track, monitor and review performance against operational targets.
- Design and create MI tools and reporting systems capable of capturing required data, outputting relevant MI and reporting results against agreed performance measures.
- Assist RP Manager in working with operational management, Project Teams and other areas of the business, providing specialist skills, knowledge, support and advice where necessary.
- Handle queries from operational customers. Seek feedback from customers, taking action to improve service where necessary.Provide technical and system related training and coaching to relevant areas of the business.
- Advanced Microsoft excel, Microsoft access and Microsoft PowerPoint skills. Including ability to create and understand complex formulas, link databases and create working MI Tools.
- Understanding of programming languages ideally with experience of writing VB code.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Strong planning and workload management skills with the ability to prioritise and adapt to changing circumstances
- Understanding of programming languages ideally with experience of writing VBA code
- Proficient in data extraction and transformation ideally with MS SQLSRV and SAS.
- Good communication skills: verbal, written report and presentation skills.
- Good data handling and organisational skill
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance