Financial Regulatory Reporting Manager
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: Finance
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
esure Group are currently looking for a Financial Regulatory Reporting Manager to join our team on a 12-month fixed term contract basis.
The successful Financial Reporting Manager will take primary responsibility for esure Groups monthly close, reporting, controls and analysis. You will manage, lead and mentor a team to achieve set goals. This role requires interaction with several key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- SII reporting process including preparation and analysis of annual and quarterly reporting (SFCR, RSR, QRTs, NSTs)
- Manage and support IFRS external reporting
- Financial close process and monthly management reporting and analysis (including solvency)
- General ledger accounting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- All other external reporting including PRA, FCA, ABI, MIB and ONS
- Corporation Tax, IPT, Employee Taxes and VAT compliance and reporting
- Ad-hoc projects and technical accounting papers
- Manage and guide a multi skilled team.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Accountant with significant post qualified experience
- Prior experience managing a year-end reporting and audit process for an insurance company. SII year-end reporting experience essential, IFRS experience preferred.
- Experience working within the Insurance sector (reinsurance would be advantageous)
- Results oriented and focused on pragmatically getting to outcomes and comfortable to dig in and troubleshoot as needed.
- Experience of line management of a team
- Willing to challenge business / commercial logic, supported by facts.
- Strong project management skills; able to balance multiple priorities with tight timelines.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate with and influence senior stakeholders.
What we will offer to you in return:
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional bonus
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.