Financial Crime Manager
- 19 Cadogan St, Glasgow G2 6QQ, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: Claims
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
esure has a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Crime Manager to join our Claims Financial Crime team. This is a full time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Crime, the successful candidate will work as part of the wider Financial Crime Team, with specific responsibility for delivery of financial crime systems, procedures and controls. The Manager is responsible for ensuring effective first line controls concerning anti-money laundering, financial sanctions and terrorist financing (as applicable to general insurance) and broader delivery of risk mitigation and control maturity assessment of fraud and financial crime across the organisation.
- Design and leading the ongoing evolution of the overall financial crime framework to evidence delivery against FCA Financial Crime prescribed responsibility
- Leading day to day operational anti-money laundering, financial sanctions and terrorist financing activities, as relevant to personal lines general insurance
- Lead assessment and improvement of adequate procedures to ensure effective prevention of economic crime, including anti-bribery and corruption and failure to prevent facilitation of tax evasion
- Ensuring effective Subject Matter Expert visibility, understanding and assessment of the organisation’s financial crime threats, risks and overall control maturity
- Leading engagement with all business areas and committees to review / challenge business unit assessment on financial crime risks and mitigating controls
- Delivery of key projects to identify and close critical gaps or vulnerabilities in all areas of fraud and financial crime (where not directly concerning customer or claimant insurance fraud)
- Supporting the Head of Financial Crime in completing pro-active audits using data driven detection tools
- Maintaining a high level of professional awareness and understanding of relevant external regulatory and legislative developments in the UK and EU
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant professional qualification.
- Experience in a similar Financial Crime role gained within Financial Services, preferably in the Insurance sector.
- Expert knowledge of the FCA expectations relating to financial crime, JMLSG guidance and relevant financial crime legislation.
- Excellent analytical ability and detail focus.
- Good communication skills, including strong report writing skills and presentation abilities.
- Developed influencing and negotiation skills.
- Resilience, tenacity and ability to provide effective challenge.
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretional annual bonus
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance