Fraud Investigator (Home)
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: Claims
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
As a Home Fraud Investigator you'll resolve cases of suspected fraudulent claims in order to achieve a speedy and cost-efficient conclusion, including the recovery of paid away claims. Resulting in minimal financial loss to the company To assess fraud referrals from multiple sources including automated detection systems, intelligence alerts and escalated claims from various claim teams. Conduct telephone-based investigations into Home claims suspected of fraud and co-ordinate other follow up investigations in order to verify or repudiate claims with particular focus on complex fraud cases.
· Completes thorough investigations for fraud referrals with support from Experts.
· Demonstration of fraud investigation techniques
· Manages legal data disclosure for Home claims (Section 29 DPA requests) in line with regulatory and legal environment with support from Experts.
· Accreditation: Home - Level 3 in AVS (Secondary Digilog techniques) with support from Experts.
· Conduct desktop investigations on claims with a value of £10k plus.
· First level complaint handling
· Quality check review of Developing and Core colleagues
· Interpret output from SIRA fraud detection system
· Review intelligence alerts escalated from Financial Crime Insight.
· Delivery of fraud training packages with support from Experts
· Proven claims handling experience in home insurance
· Working knowledge of the internet and Insurance/Financial service databases
· Working knowledge of legal aspect of asset recovery
· Working knowledge of cognitive/conversation management or completion of certificate in Advanced Validation Solutions
· Good communication, organisational and negotiation skills.
· Self-motivated and able to work as part of team.
· An intermediate level of computer literacy
· Good understanding of the Data Protection Act 1998 – specifically Section 29 and Section 35
· The ability to identify links and patterns emerging of claims involving specific companies/people
· Personal traits include attention to detail, determination and information gathering
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional annual bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.