Home Claims Specialist
- Quay St, Manchester M3, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 37.5
- Department: Claims
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
As a Home Claims Specialist you will manage all aspects of claims for the esure and Sheilas’ Wheels home products. They deal with first notification of a claim from the customer through to final settlement. All claims are registered onto our system and no claim form is required. The team will validate the claim at notification stage and instruct the appropriate supplier or negotiate a cash settlement.
Using effective communication skills, the Specialist provides an important point of referral for other Specialists on the Home Team, whilst ensuring the provision of a consistent and thorough approach to the handling of customers’ claims.
The Specialist’s role is primarily concerned with mitigating losses, negotiating and controlling costs to achieve agreed targets.
Working closely with suppliers and external organisations, e.g. insurance companies, and by applying the appropriate ABI Agreements, where applicable, the Specialist will apply experience and integrity checks to control claims costs whilst achieving settlement and productivity KPIs.
This role involves a high degree of influencing and negotiating with particular emphasis on conflict resolution. The Specialist plays a key role in achieving a balance between the provisions of a quality service combined with the commercial focus required to ensure that the Company meets all targets
- Answer all incoming call enquiries in an efficient, expedient and customer focused way, ensuring that the customer receives a caring and professional service at all times.
- Ascertain relevant claim details and record them accurately to ensure the quality is to a high standard.
- Effectively persuade the customer to settle the claim in the most efficient way.
- To handle more complex complaints from customers paying attention to cost control.
- Ensure the claim is valid and is covered by the policy.
- Ensure the claim details are checked for possible fraud indicators.
- Convert policyholders to use our network of suppliers (or to settle in the most efficient way) explaining the benefits the customer will gain from using our suppliers. Effectively process and handle Home claims excluding large losses and subsidence.
- Deal with day-to-day queries and referrals from Home Claims Advisors.
- Diarise and proactively manage the claim to ensure that the claim is progressed proactively towards settlement and that you keep any promises made to the Customer
- Handle a range of calls from existing customers.
- Keep the Customer updated of the progress of their claimAnswer calls within the service level stated to ensure the abandoned call rate is below the target set by the business.
- Ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act when recording information and ensure the customer declaration is always completed.
- Deal with customer’s complaints in a sympathetic and professional manner, moving the complaint forward to a successful conclusion. Always work within FOS guidelines and service levels.
- Ask probing questions and be aware of fraud indicators, escalating any suspected fraudulent cases as appropriate.
- Achieve the minimum Quality management benchmark score on all calls/files reviewed.
- Resolve queries raised by Customers on existing claims ensuring that the claim is progressed towards settlement at every touch.
- Effectively resolve any expression of dissatisfaction raised by the Customer in a caring and pragmatic way
- Proactively handle specific types of Home claims up to the agreed limit, ensuring large losses, and subsidence claims are re-allocated to the appropriate team.
- Proactively manage your own caseload, where applicable, ensuring that the post/diary are within agreed service standards
- Provide coaching to support and Mentor Specialists in dealing with their queries and referrals in order to assist in their development.
- Handle all enquiries as if it were the first call of the day. Be caring and professional and courteous at all times.
- Review output from the NPS to ensure you gain a good understanding of your customers views. Contribute to the overall customer experience by learning and developing your customer skills.
- It is essential that the jobholder has relevant and comprehensive home claims knowledge.
- Knowledge of fraud indicators, and ability to investigate and handle suspected fraudulent claims through to conclusion.
- Ability to work on majority of claims with supervision on larger and more complex claims, where required.
- Demonstrable evidence of providing high standards of customer care is essential in a customer facing environment.
- Front line customer support in a target driven role.
- A strong negotiator and influencer.
- Strong numeracy and literacy
- Computer skills (including the Internet).
- Knowledge of Legal framework (Financial Ombudsman Services rulings and recent case law).
- Understanding of FCA and Regulatory Compliance.
- Knowledge of Claims handling procedures and systems.
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solver
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional annual bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.