- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2 0SH, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: Claims
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
esure are looking for a Claims Analyst to join their growing Claims team based in Reigate.
As a Claims Analyst, you will be providing analytical and insight support to the Senior Claims management team, the Reserving function, the Technical Pricing team, the Finance department and the Operational Executive team.
The nature of the work will be varied but will concentrate on analysis of claims data for the Motor and Home books of business (including support to the Counter Fraud team) to provide actionable insight to drive improved claims performance and ultimately improved company performance.
What you will do
- Analysis of claims financial and operational MI to provide actionable insight to the Claims Leadership team to drive business benefit for the Home and Motor books of business.
- Shape the delivery of MI, analysis and insight relating to claims, to the wider business including Reserving and Pricing teams.
- Contribute to driving forward the improvement of data provision in the claims environment. This will include working with and challenging external service providers.
- Liaise closely with the Technical Claims managers to ensure that risks and opportunities relating to emerging and current issues are fully understood along with the potential financial impact.
- Project work to support the claims transformation programme to include ownership of project elements as requested by the head of department.
- Liaison with the actuarial reserving function to provide clarity on claims performance and provide insight into emerging and existing trends for the quarterly reserving process and to challenge projections where appropriate.
- Working with the Technical Claims managers to support the Claims Savings programme using analysis and insight. This will include providing financial analytical support to both build business cases and to track the flow of benefits.
- Liaison with regulatory bodies to ensure that any requests for MI are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
The jobholder will have excellent working knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably holding a degree in a mathematical subject(s) or equivalent. Highly developed PC/IT skills are essential, particularly ability with statistical packages and computer programming. The ability to manage and analyse data and provide sound recommendations is paramount. It is essential the job holder has a confident understanding of the strategy and business needs of the Claims function and the wider business.
Other key attributes
- Advanced IT skills, including a detailed knowledge of a broad range of Microsoft, Oracle SQL Developer (or other SQL programming tool) and visual analysis tools such as Tableau. Knowledge of Python/R would be advantageous.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, along with strong communication, time management, interpersonal, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong statistical skills.
- Works well under pressure with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent activities whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Has established and maintained effective working relationships within a team environment
- Work autonomously under self-direction
- The resilience and motivation to provide consistency of work performance always.
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional annual bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.