Claims Analysis Benefits Manager
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2 0SH, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: Claims
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
As a Claims Analysis Benefits Manager you will own and manage analytical delivery of the costs and benefits associated with the Claims Change programme within esure. This will include providing regular analytical and insight support in respect of the programme to the Senior Claims Management team, Reserving, Finance and Operational Executive leads.
The role holder will work very closely with the other members of the Claims Analysis team, the Claims Change team and the Claims Senior Leadership team to identify the costs and benefits associated with change initiatives. This will include identifying and planning the delivery of key metrics required to support benefit recognition with Finance and Actuarial colleagues. Providing challenge to benefit cases is a key element of the role.
You will be required to work closely with the central Transformation Office to ensure that the flow of information relating to the change programme is regular and accurate.
The job holder will contribute to managing the department’s annual costs, expenditure, and productivity.
- Analytical lead on Claims Initiative programme to include validation of benefits, identification of impacted KPIs, setting baselines, tracking and analysing delivery of benefits on a regular basis.
- Feed into Financial Planning models in respect of the Claims Initiative costs and benefits.
- Highlighting any risks and providing constructive challenge to the benefit workstream leads.
- Ensuring that benefits financial plan and forecast is robust and the recording of delivered benefits is recorded accurately and shared with key stakeholders via agreed metrics.
- Managing the benefit element of, and supporting overall initiative sign off process (Stage Gate Process) in conjunction with the Claims Change Team and the Transformation office.
- Working closely with counterparts in Finance and Actuarial to explain benefits and achieve sign-off.
- Working with internal reporting systems to ensure clear transparency of benefit delivery, risks and issues.
- Governance of the benefit calculations and tracking of delivery through comprehensive documentation and recording of decision points.
The jobholder will have excellent working knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably holding a degree in a mathematical subject(s) or equivalent. Attention to detail is a key attribute as is a pragmatic and resilient attitude.
It is essential the job holder has a confident understanding of the strategy and business needs of the Claims function and the wider business.
Other key attributes
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, along with strong communication, time management, interpersonal, influencing and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong numeracy skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to track and record changes to a high volume of initiatives.
- Works well under pressure with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent activities whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Has established and maintained effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Work autonomously under self-direction.
- The resilience and motivation to provide consistency of work performance at all times.
- Confident working and liaising at a senior level, where maintenance of discretion and confidentiality in relation to sensitive business information is imperative.
What we will offer you in return:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional annual bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.