Senior Pricing Analyst
- Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2, UK
- Salary: Competitive
- Working Hours: 35
- Department: Pricing
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
esure Group are currently seeking a Senior Pricing Analyst to join their innovative and growing Pricing team based in Reigate.
As a Senior Pricing Analyst, you will utilise your extensive knowledge and experience of the insurance industry to initiate and deliver a variety of analytical projects to further improve business performance.
We are also looking for someone who can use their expertise to guide and support their fellow Analysts to help improve the capabilities of the team.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Pricing Analyst to take all their previous experience to the next level in their career.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the business to deliver key projects, including rating enhancements, price optimisation, life-time value estimate for financial planning, Solvency II, etc
- Investigate all available sources of information to recommend changes to the pricing team to help achieve volume and profit targets across all products, channels and brands
- Responsible for the delivery of parts of the price optimisation programme of work
- Provide analytical support on all brands, products and channels
- Manage, develop and carry out tasks that support and direct the business strategy, such as risk modelling, demand modelling and loss ratio projections
- Evaluate key aspects of business performance, such as conversion, retention, loss ratios, risk modelling and rate analysis
- Provide analytical support to the Pricing Team to ensure that the right pricing decisions are made and that a profitable book of business is written
- Act as a key point of contact for Pricing Analysts to offer them advice and guidance as and when needed
What we are looking for:
- Relevant degree with substantial mathematical/statistical content
- Proven track record working with pricing insurance products
- In depth knowledge and experience of insurance pricing and statistical modelling techniques
- Knowledge and experience of pricing and reserving and capital modelling techniques
- Highly computer literate with in-depth knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS)
- Previous experience of EMBLEM, ResQ and/or @Risk would be advantageous
- Relevant degree supported by an MSc
What we will offer you in return:
- Dress for your day (casual and formal business dress depending on your day)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional annual bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.