Office Administrative Intern
- 520 W Erie, CHICAGO, IL
KENTECH Consulting Inc., is an award-winning private investigative company. We are the creators of innovative projects such as eKnowID.com - 1st consumer background checking system of its kind, C.L.E.A.R. (Criminal Link Exchange and Reporting) and ClarityIQ a high tech / high touch investigative case management system.
We're on a mission to help the world make clear and informed hiring decisions.
In order to achieve our team, exhibit the behaviors and core values aligned with this mission http://www.ekentech.com/core-values
As a small agile company, we seek high performers who relish in the idea that their effort will directly impact our customers and help shape the next evolution of background investigations. KENTECH is seeking for an individual with great communication skills and has experience with being consistently accountable for their role.
We are seeking interns who are willing to gain knowledge in the area of background screening technology. Our company is responsible for conducting background screening for individuals applying to obtain housing, enter into university programs, as well as individuals applying to various careers in law enforcement. Interns will assist with a variety of clerical and administrative duties such as making and receiving phone calls, conducting reference checks, learning the ekentech database(internal database), handling additional backing screening paperwork, assist with a variety of managerial tasks, assist with strategizing the development and implementation of Brand and Product, assist investigators in completing background check reports, learning the background screening process including but not limited to learning the fingerprint process.
- You want to unlock and develop your organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, and you want to be in a fast-paced and growing company
- Becoming part of our group dynamic, with the opportunity to take on significant administrative and marketing responsibilities, interests you
- Producing high quality, thorough, & accurate investigative work is important to you
- Being an important part of helping the world make clear and informed hiring decisions is very rewarding to you
Problem Solver: because you like a challenge and are creative in developing and analyzing potential solutions or improvements using rational and logical processes or innovations.
Analytical Judgment: you want to consider relevant facts and information, even when information received is impartial, complex or incomplete before you make that decision.
Customer Focused: when relating to the customer you have an appreciation and respect for what you and the company can do best for the customer.
Communication Skills: because you take care in articulating your own thought process and understand the importance of the spoken and written word. Your approach and response is always professional and with a positive attitude to guests, clients or staff.
Technical Savviness: more than savvy, you adapt and soak up new proprietary programs quickly. You're experienced with Google Suite of applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Works Well Under Pressure: part of a good work ethic is appreciating an essential part of relationship-building is honoring strict deadlines.
Accountable: you hold yourself accountable to your team, clients and your applicants. You have an urgency to follow up.
- Security and Confidentiality: your attention to detail extends over to be a guardian of information that you are handling. Your aware of access points (physically or virtually) where information must be secure.
- Manage all incoming phone calls providing information, taking messages or scheduling appointments
- Provide Level 1 Support to all incoming call and office inquiries (i.e. password reset, general case status)
- Log all incoming calls and support requests via company ticketing system
- Cordially greet and professionally vet all persons entering KENTECH and determine nature and purpose of visit and direct or escort guest to specific destination
- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns and update web sites
- Perform general administrative support with tasks and projects
- Maintain and inventory office and kitchen supplies on a regular basis evaluating cost effectiveness
- Assist in the maintenance and repairs of company's office systems and equipment and office point of contact for building management and vendors
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages or courier deliveries
- Plan, schedule and arrange office events both professional and social for small to larger groups
- Perform miscellaneous administrative Human Resource duties and documentation
- Support to both client and staff administrative needs.
- Assist in creating monthly company newsletters
- Perform miscellaneous office upkeep, ie. water plants, ensure general cleanliness of office
- Manage the schedule for company conference room, ensuring that executive and interview meeting needs are always met
- Prepare computer credentialing and desk work space for new hire onboarding
- Ensure all file cabinets are secure and sensitive documents are put away throughout the day
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Maintain consistent communication and assist where needed cross-departmentally.
Applicants must possess:
- Some college courses leading to a degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Human Resources, Journalism or Paralegal studies.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Very detail oriented
- An eagerness to learn
- A PERC card preferred not required
We look forward to receiving your application! All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.