SR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Elixir)
- 520 W Erie St, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
KENTECH Consulting Inc. , is an innovative award winning background investigative technology company.
To help the world make clear and informed decisions
To build the technology the helps the world make clear and informed decisions.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Sr. Software Engineer to help build the data infrastructure that powers KENTECH’S investigative products and business operations.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for planning, building and deploying our latest projecte coded in ELIXIR. The position will initially start out as an army of one coding and managing a team of development firms (overseas and local). You will make technical decisions applying the best practices to every piece of code and infrastructure. In addition, you will work with and evaluate our current external vendor firms while helping to build our internal engineering team. You will help build generalized, scalable, accessible and fault tolerant solutions to KENTECH’s most pressing analytical needs.
You will provide technical leadership on data engineering, analytics infrastructure, and data platform projects that will be used to optimize and drive the development of KENTECH’s data driven, real-time investigative vision. You will be moving all of the bits an pieces of a very exciting public and private data set across multiple systems and making it available for a discerning customer base.
The Sr. Product Engineer is the head of product to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and deployment of the company’s web presence. This requires envisioning the company’s service offering as a web based business, leading implementation of web applications and planning for risk and growth.
Working on KENTECH’S infrastructure is a legitimate challenge as we need to balance the company’s needs to move fast today while continuing to build platforms that will be leveraged for the products of tomorrow. Long term vision, a keen eye for detail and manic obsession with technical quality that can lead to the promotion of CTO… You will report directly to KENTECH’s Leadership team.
- Strong full stack engineering background, ideally experienced with medium to large sized data systems.
- Awesome Elixir, React, Postgres SQL a must.
- ASP, .net SQL, Ruby on Rails Node.js, skills are a bonus.
- Great sense of engineering/infrastructure tradeoffs and frameworks. You can tune the speed of your work based on the quality requirements necessary.
- Comfortable hacking on any part of the stack and a quick learner.
- Driven self-starter… you want to attack hard problems with a sense of urgency.
- Great communication and follow through.
- Startup experience is a very nice to have. You understand what it means to lay down the groundwork in a dynamically changing environment.
Strategy & Planning
• In partnership with the company’s founder, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
• You will participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
• You will collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
• You will establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
• Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
• Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization a plus
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements a plus
send cover letter and salary requirements. We look forward to receiving your application! All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.