Summer Camp Counselor - Ruby Bridges, Alameda
- Ruby Bridges Elementary, Alameda, CA, United States
At Edventure More (EDMO™), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we create high-quality, high-access maker-infused science, tech and nature programs that foster intellectual, social, emotional, and physical intelligence in all children. By partnering with top Bay Area universities, museums and industry professional, our unique framework incorporates the latest and most scientifically proven methods of whole child and character development. Edventure More is a local force in the national movement to reduce Summer Learning Loss, build Social Emotional Learning and 21st Century Skills, and save hands-on learning in schools. 5% of all of our summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camper scholarships and subsidize the cost of science & technology programs in schools.
At Camp EDMO™, Pre-K-8th campers develop their creative capacity, unleash their inner scientist and technologist, and plumb the mysteries of the natural world. They lose themselves in STEAM-infused activities, are inspired to accept themselves and others, push their boundaries with confidence, and most importantly, act with real kindness and compassion. Learn more at campedmo.org.
As a counselor, you should be prepared for a summer filled with valuable life lessons, personal and professional growth, and a whole lot of FUN! Counselors are responsible for overseeing all day to day activities with their group of campers. They support instructors with curriculum in the classroom and run organized and eventful periods of Team Time and Recreation with their assigned group of campers daily. In addition, counselors should constantly be ready to rock that EDMO vibe with songs, skits, games, camp wide activities, shaving cream pies and more!
Main duties include:
- Approach camper growth with passion and excitement
- Navigate groups of ~8-15 kids through daily activities focused on various curriculum themes including science, technology, maker, nature and more
- Lead organized activities during Recreation and Team Time for your group of campers
- Support instructors in the classroom with curriculum and hands-on classroom activities
- Work closely with the Camp Director, Instructors and other Counselors to create fun camp games, songs, skits, and activities for the whole camp to participate in
- Support and help build positive group dynamics amongst your group of campers
- Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
- Help to cultivate healthy self-esteem and a natural love for learning in all campers
- Instill the EDMO vibe of kindness, respect, honesty and fun in all campers
- Create an overall vibe of inclusion for all campers and other staff alike
Position reports to: Camp Director
• General love for working with kids
• Current college student or very mature high school student (must be at least 16 years old)
• High sense of responsibility and dependability
• Good role model with strong academic standing
• Previous camp experience preferred but not required
• Contagious enthusiasm and charisma
• Strong team player
• Creative, flexible, and excellent multi-tasker
• Experience facilitating groups of children and/or working youth programs is preferred
• A large supply of costumes and/or a plethora of skits and songs in your back pocket is a PLUS!
- $12 - $15 / Hour Based on Location and Experience
- 11:15 am - 4:15 pm: Monday - Friday
- This is a Full-Time Summer Position running 5 - 10 weeks from June - August depending on location. Please visit our website at campedmo.org to see specific dates for each location.
- Training: Staff training will take place the week prior to the start date of the assigned location.
- Extended weeks and school year work are also available for qualified candidates. Ask for more info!
- Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter in a PDF form to ensure compatibility.
- If you have worked for us in past summers, please use the alumni link emailed to you to submit your application for 2018.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have questions about our job opportunities please contact Greg Nelson at 415.282.6673.
CAMP EDMO is powered by Edventure More, a year-round 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization. 5% of summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camp scholarships and subsidized science, maker and technology programs in local schools.