Summer Camp Preschool Program Instructor - Berkeley
- TBD, Berkeley, CA, United States
At Edventure More (EDMO™), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we create high-quality, high-access maker-infused science, tech and nature programs that foster intellectual, social, emotional, and physical intelligence in all children. By partnering with top Bay Area universities, museums and industry professional, our unique framework incorporates the latest and most scientifically proven methods of whole child and character development. Edventure More is a local force in the national movement to reduce Summer Learning Loss, build Social Emotional Learning and 21st Century Skills, and save hands-on learning in schools. 5% of all of our summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camper scholarships and subsidize the cost of science & technology programs in schools.
At Camp EDMO™, Pre-K-8th campers develop their creative capacity, unleash their inner scientist and technologist, and plumb the mysteries of the natural world. They lose themselves in STEAM-infused activities, are inspired to accept themselves and others, push their boundaries with confidence, and most importantly, act with real kindness and compassion. Learn more at campedmo.org.
The Preschool Program Instructor works side by side with the Camp Director to lead our EDMO Jr. Program. This includes overseeing all aspects of our PK-K program from instructing on curriculum, to managing program counselors, to making adjustments to the camp day to better suit our Jr. campers. This is a job filled with personal and professional growth, preschool group management practice and a whole lot of FUN!
Main duties include:
- Train on and learn all EDMO Jr. Curriculum and serve as main instructor for this age group
- Approach education and instruction at camp with constant passion and excitement
- Lead and prep the daily preschool activities and lessons
- Manage all EDMO Jr. specific staff
- Refine curriculum and add personal contributions as seen fit with guidance of Camp Director
- Build positive role model relationships with campers and support staff
- Work closely with the Camp Director and other staff members to create fun camp games, songs, skits an activities - and participate in all
- Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
- Help cultivate healthy self-esteem and a natural love for learning
- Instill the EDMO Vibe of kindness, respect, honesty and FUN in all campers
Position reports to: Camp Director
Manages: EDMO Jr. Counselors
• Bachelors Degree (or degree in progress) in education or a related course of study
• Experience working with PK-K children
• Experience with leadership and group facilitation
• Experience (and a love for!) working with kids
• High sense of responsibility and dependability
• Previous camp experience preferred but not required
• Experience talking and interacting with parents
• Contagious enthusiasm and charisma
• Strong team player
• Creative, flexible, and excellent multi-tasker
• Experience facilitating groups of children and/or working youth programs with proven classroom management is preferred
• A large supply of costumes and/or a plethora of skits and songs in your back pocket is a PLUS!
- $13 - $18 / Hour Based on Location and Experience + Overtime at 1.5 x hourly rate
- 7:45 am - 4:15 pm: Monday - Friday
- Additional Assigned Overtime until 6pm.
- This is a Full-Time Summer Position running 5 - 10 weeks from June - August depending on location. Please visit our website at campedmo.org to see specific dates for each location.
- Training: Staff training will take place the week prior to the start date of the assigned location as well as mandatory curriculum training TBD.
- Extended weeks and school year work are also available for qualified candidates. Ask for more info!
- Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter in a PDF form to ensure compatibility.
- If you have worked for us in past summers, please use the alumni link emailed to you to submit your application for 2018.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have questions about our job opportunities please contact Greg Nelson at 415.282.6673.
CAMP EDMO is powered by Edventure More, a year-round 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization. 5% of summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camp scholarships and subsidized science, maker and technology programs in local schools.