Summer Camp Gaming Instructor - Burlingame
- TBD, Burlingame, CA, United States
At Edventure More (EDMO™), a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we create high-quality, high-access maker-infused science, tech and nature programs that foster intellectual, social, emotional, and physical intelligence in all children. By partnering with top Bay Area universities, museums and industry professional, our unique framework incorporates the latest and most scientifically proven methods of whole child and character development. Edventure More is a local force in the national movement to reduce Summer Learning Loss, build Social Emotional Learning and 21st Century Skills, and save hands-on learning in schools. 5% of all of our summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camper scholarships and subsidize the cost of science & technology programs in schools.
At Camp EDMO™, Pre-K-8th campers develop their creative capacity, unleash their inner scientist and technologist, and plumb the mysteries of the natural world. They lose themselves in STEAM-infused activities, are inspired to accept themselves and others, push their boundaries with confidence, and most importantly, act with real kindness and compassion. Learn more at campedmo.org.
The Gaming Instructor is responsible for running the PRO Technology classroom and for the instruction of Minecraft & Roblox to our 5th-8th grade campers. Instructors train on all PRO Technology curriculum and teach daily lessons, bringing this interactive technical curriculum to life for our campers. Instructors should be prepared for a summer filled with personal and professional growth, classroom management practice and a whole lot of FUN!
Main duties include:
- Approach education with passion and excitement and build positive model relationships with campers
- Set-up, organize and manage the technology classroom including supplies, curriculum and classroom management
- Lead curriculum daily with themes varying by week
- Manage Counselors while in the PRO Tech classroom
- Refine curriculum and add personal contributions as seen fit with guidance of the Camp Director
- Work closely with Camp Director and other staff members to create fun camp games, songs, skits and activities - and participate in all
- Assist in daily camper check in and check out procedures
- Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
- Help cultivate healthy self-esteem and a natural love for learning
- Instill the EDMO Vibe of kindness, respect, honesty and FUN in all campers
Position reports to: Camp Director
- Bachelors Degree (or degree in progress) in a related field and/or relevant experience
- Classroom teaching experience preferred but not required
- A love for video games
- Proficient with computers and general technology
- Able to troubleshoot technical problems
- Basic familiarity with Minecraft, Roblox, or coding in general
- Be creative, patient, positive and willing to problem solve
- Experience (and a love for!) working with kids
- High sense of responsibility and dependability
- Previous camp experience preferred but not required
- Strong team player
- Experience facilitating groups of children and/or working youth programs with proven classroom management is preferred
- Experience playing Minecraft in a multiplayer server
- Clear understanding of the core mechanics of Minecraft, such as:
- Survival Mode vs. Creative Mode
- How to use commands
- What a "mod" is
- The properties of tools and armor
- How items are crafted
- Basic understanding of Roblox, including controls, common game types, and basic use of Roblox Studio. Bonus:
- Knowledge of the various design tools in Roblox Studio.
- Experience with the Lua coding language
- Experience with any kind of digital 3D modeling program.
Note: Do not be discouraged if you only have experience/expertise in one subject area. We love teaching like-minded humans!
- $13 - $18 / Hour Based on Location and Experience + Overtime at 1.5 x hourly rate
- 7:45 am - 4:15 pm: Monday - Friday
- Additional Assigned Overtime until 6pm.
- This is a Full-Time Summer Position running 5 - 10 weeks from June - August depending on location. Please visit our website at campedmo.org to see specific dates for each location.
- Training: Staff training will take place the week prior to the start date of the assigned location as well as mandatory curriculum training TBD.
- Extended weeks and school year work are also available for qualified candidates. Ask for more info!
- Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter in a PDF form to ensure compatibility.
- If you have worked for us in past summers, please use the alumni link emailed to you to submit your application for 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have questions about our job opportunities please contact Greg Nelson at 415.282.6673.
CAMP EDMO is powered by Edventure More, a year-round 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization. 5% of summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camp scholarships and subsidized science, maker and technology programs in local schools.