Camp EDMO After School Instructor - Sacramento Region
- Various, Sacramento, CA, us
At Edventure More (EDMO), a 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization, we create school year and summer camp programs for Pre-K-8th graders where learning is experiential, personalities shine, collaboration is key, and no one ever gives up. Our unique and culturally rich environment builds the social, emotional and academic intelligence kids need to become the makers, shakers and amazinators of tomorrow! Visit campedmo.org to learn more.
Camp EDMO is currently building their School Year Team! We are looking for talented staff to present award-winning science, tech and maker curriculum in elementary schools around the Bay Area and Sacramento, plus to support our year-round marketing efforts. By joining our team, you’ll be trained and supported to transform a typical after school classroom into an adventurous environment filled with “WOW” and “A-HA” moments.
• Lead After School Programs (ASPs) at various schools and locations around your region.
• Be responsible for supply inventory, bin prep and clean-up.
• Maintain accurate reporting: attendance records, class notes, daily log, incident reports.
• Lead community marketing events and distribute marketing materials to partner schools (events can take place on evenings and weekends - do not typically start until January)
• Maintain quality programming through knowledge of curriculum, preparedness and enthusiastic delivery of service.
• Instill the Vibe of curiosity, courage, kindness and FUN in all students.
• Refine curriculum as needed with approval, adding personal contributions.
• Interact with parents and students in a professional and energetic manner
• Distribute marketing supplies and surveys as directed
• Maintain flexibility, working closely with the other School Year Program staff in a variety of capacities as needed
• Attend a bi-weekly staff meeting (Bay Area at the San Leandro Warehouse, Sacramento at the office in Citrus Heights) with digital meetings on alternating weeks
After School Program (ASP) Specifics:
* Lead Science/Maker and/or Tech series
* Programs are 75-90 minutes each depending on theme
* Programs run from 5-15 weeks depending on school preference
* Various programs run every day of the week and dates vary
Note: This position offers a flexible afternoon schedule and hours can range from 5-40 hours a week based on availability/region/preference!
(Note: most qualifications listed are preferred but not required)
- Experience working with elementary age youth
- Experience working in a classroom
- Science, Technology or Makers background
- Poised and comfortable in front on an audience
- Ability to manage a class independently
- Great sense of humor and love of learning
- Customer service or marketing background
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and carry bins with teaching materials
- PLUS: Experience in a summer camp environment
- A working car/way to transport supplies and phone is required
Mileage and Travel:
- Paid Mileage is compensated at .40 cents per mile.
- Travel time and mileage is paid between work locations (ASP/Warehouse//Office/Community Events/Etc.) and is not paid between home and location of employment.
Regions and Locations:
- We visit schools in San Francisco, North Bay, East Bay, Peninsula, South Bay and Greater Sacramento areas.
- You will be assigned to your nearest/preferred region(s) but may be asked to go outside your region as needed.
- Flexibility regarding region may increase your overall hours allotted.
Hours & Compensation:
- Position runs August - May (full time summer work is also available)
- Position is Part to Full time: 1-5 days a week teaching plus various warehouse/marketing/event support
- Pay Rate is $20/hour in class & $15/hour out of class/prep/marketing
Note: Applicants must be willing to be CPR certified, Live Scanned and TB tested upon hire.
- Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis
- In-person interviews will begin immediately
- Training will take place September 4 - 7 (approximate hours of 10:00 am – 4:30 pm during training).
- Programs begin September 10th (start times vary by program).
If you have conflicts with the above hiring and training dates, but are enthusiastically interested and qualified for the position - please still apply. We offer our programs in three sessions during the year and could accommodate a later start.
We look forward to receiving your application!