Ruby Bridges Comprehensive After School Program Staff
- 351 Jack London Ave., Alameda, CA, us
At Edventure More (EDMO), a 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization, we create school year and summer camp programs for Pre-K-8th graders where learning is experiential, personalities shine, collaboration is key, and no one ever gives up. Our unique and culturally rich environment builds the social, emotional and academic intelligence kids need to become the makers, shakers and amazinators of tomorrow! Visit campedmo.org to learn more.
Edventure More is currently building our Ruby Bridges Comprehensive After School Program Team! We are looking for talented staff to present award-winning science, tech and maker curriculum. By joining our team, you’ll be trained and supported to transform a typical after school classroom into an adventurous environment filled with “WOW” and “A-HA” moments.
• Be responsible for supply inventory, bin prep and clean-up.
• Maintain accurate reporting: attendance records, class notes, daily log, incident reports.
• Lead engaging and well organized recreation activities designed to promote teamwork, collaboration and fun physical activity.
• Maintain quality programming through knowledge of curriculum, preparedness and enthusiastic delivery of service.
• Instill the Vibe of curiosity, courage, kindness and FUN in all students.
• Refine curriculum as needed with approval, adding personal contributions.
• Interact with parents and students in a professional and energetic manner
• Attend staff meetings and professional development series.
Ruby Bridges After School Program Specifics:
- Each day staff members will support students in their academics from the regular school day, provide engaging enrichment using existing EDMO curriculum, facilitate physical activity periods aligned with EDMO's company philosophy from existing outlines and best practices.
(Note: most qualifications listed are preferred but not required)
- Experience working with elementary age youth
- Experience working in a classroom
- Science, Technology or Makers background
- Poised and comfortable in front on an audience
- Ability to manage a class independently
- Great sense of humor and love of learning
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and carry bins with teaching materials
- PLUS: Experience in a summer camp environment
- high school diploma or its equivalency and one of the following:
- (a) an AA degree; or completion of 48 semester units in college
- (b) successful completion of the Instructional Assistant exam, administered by the Alameda County Office of Education.
- 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Monday - Friday (Wednesdays begin at 1:30pm)
- Between 20-24 hours weekly.
- This is a part time position that runs from Aug. 2018 - June 2019 (additional full time positions over the summer are also available)
- Training: Staff training will take place the week of Aug. 13th - 17th with school beginning Aug. 20th
- Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter in a PDF form to ensure compatibility.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have questions about our job opportunities please contact Greg Nelson at 415.282.6673.
CAMP EDMO is powered by Edventure More, a year-round 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization. 5% of summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camp scholarships and subsidized science, maker and technology programs in local schools.