Summer Camp 3D Animation Instructor - Fremont
- TBD, Fremont, CA, us
At Edventure More (EDMO), a 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization, we create school year and summer camp programs for Pre-K-8th graders where learning is experiential, personalities shine, collaboration is key, and no one ever gives up. Our unique and culturally rich environment builds the social, emotional and academic intelligence kids need to become the makers, shakers and amazinators of tomorrow! Visit campedmo.org to learn more.
The PRO 3D Animation Instructor is responsible for running the PRO Technology room and instruction for 5th-8th grade campers. They train on all PRO 3D Animation curriculum and teach every day, bringing this hands-on curriculum to life for our campers. Instructors should be prepared for a summer filled with personal and professional growth, classroom management practice and a whole lot of FUN!
Main duties include:
- Approach education with passion and excitement and build positive model relationships with campers
- Set-up, organize and manage the technology classroom including supplies, curriculum and classroom management
- Lead lessons each day on various themes and projects as assigned through the curriculum
- Manage Counselors while in the PRO Tech classroom
- Refine curriculum and add personal contributions as seen fit with guidance of the Camp Director
- Work closely with Camp Director and other staff members to create fun camp games, songs, skits and activities - and participate in all
- Assist in daily camper check in and check out procedures
- Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
- Help cultivate healthy self-esteem and a natural love for learning
- Instill the EDMO Vibe of kindness, respect, honesty and FUN in all campers
Position reports to: Camp Director
- Bachelors Degree (or degree in progress) in a related field and/or relevant experience
- Experience with Animation and Film (Experience with Blender software is a plus!)
- Classroom teaching experience preferred but not required
- Be creative, patient, positive and willing to problem solve
- Experience (and a love for!) working with kids
- High sense of responsibility and dependability
- Previous camp experience preferred but not required
- Strong team player
- Experience facilitating groups of children and/or working youth programs with proven classroom management is preferred
Note: Do not be discouraged if you only have experience/expertise in one subject area. We love teaching like-minded humans!
- $12 - $17 / Hour Based on Location and Experience + Overtime at 1.5 x hourly rate
- 7:45 am - 4:15 pm: Monday - Friday
- Additional Assigned Overtime until 6pm.
- This is a Full-Time Summer Position running 5 - 10 weeks from June - August depending on location. Please visit our website at campedmo.org to see specific dates for each location.
- Training: Staff training will take place the week prior to the start date of the assigned location as well as mandatory curriculum training TBD.
- Extended weeks and school year work are also available for qualified candidates. Ask for more info!
- Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter in a PDF form to ensure compatibility.
- If you have worked for us in past summers, please use the alumni link emailed to you to submit your application for 2018.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have questions about our job opportunities please contact Greg Nelson at 415.282.6673.
CAMP EDMO is powered by Edventure More, a year-round 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization. 5% of summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camp scholarships and subsidized science, maker and technology programs in local schools.