Summer Camp Girl Coding Instructor - San Francisco
- Various, San Francisco, CA, us
At Edventure More (EDMO), a 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization, we create school year and summer camp programs for Pre-K-8th graders where learning is experiential, personalities shine, collaboration is key, and no one ever gives up. Our unique and culturally rich environment builds the social, emotional and academic intelligence kids need to become the makers, shakers and amazinators of tomorrow! Visit campedmo.org to learn more.
The Girl Coding Instructor is responsible for running the PRO Technology classroom, instruction of the Girl Coding curriculum to our 5th-8th grade campers and for helping to close the gender gap in the technology industry. Instructors train on all PRO Technology curriculum and teach daily lessons, bringing this interactive technical curriculum to life for our female campers. Instructors should be prepared for a summer filled with personal and professional growth, classroom management practice and a whole lot of FUN!
Main duties include:
- A commitment to helping girls gain a passion for technology!
- Approach education with passion and excitement and build positive role model relationships with campers
- Set-up, organize and manage the technology classroom including supplies, curriculum and classroom management
- Lead curriculum daily with themes varying by week
- Manage counselors while in the PRO Tech classroom
- Refine curriculum and add personal contributions as seen fit and with guidance of the Camp Director
- Work closely with the Camp Director and other staff members to create fun camp games, songs, skits and activities - and participate in all
- Assist in daily camper check in and check out procedures
- Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
- Help cultivate healthy self-esteem and a natural love for learning
- Instill the EDMO Vibe of kindness, respect, honestly and FUN in all campers
Position reports to: Camp Director
- A female who is passionate about getting other females excited about tech and coding!
- Degree in a related field and/or relevant experience
- Classroom teaching experience preferred but not required
- Be proficient with computers in general
- Be able to troubleshoot technical problems
- Some level of experience with coding
- Be creative, willing to solve problems, patient, positive, and fun
- Experience (and a love for!) working with kids
- High sense of responsibility and dependability
- Previous camp experience preferred but not required
- Experience talking and interacting with parents
- Contagious enthusiasm and charisma
- Strong team player
- Creativity, flexibility, and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Experience facilitating groups of children and/or working youth programs with proven classroom management is preferred
- Experience with any kind of game development
Do not be discouraged if you only have experience/expertise in one subject area. You are still eligible for the position.
- $12 - $17 / Hour Based on Location and Experience + Overtime at 1.5 x hourly rate
- 7:45 am - 4:15 pm: Monday - Friday
- Additional Assigned Overtime until 6pm.
- This is a Full-Time Summer Position running 5 - 10 weeks from June - August depending on location. Please visit our website at campedmo.org to see specific dates for each location.
- Training: Staff training will take place the week prior to the start date of the assigned location as well as mandatory curriculum training TBD.
- Extended weeks and school year work are also available for qualified candidates. Ask for more info!
- Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter in a PDF form to ensure compatibility.
- If you have worked for us in past summers, please use the alumni link emailed to you to submit your application for 2018.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have questions about our job opportunities please contact Greg Nelson at 415.282.6673.
CAMP EDMO is powered by Edventure More, a year-round 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization. 5% of summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camp scholarships and subsidized science, maker and technology programs in local schools.