- Warsaw, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
Work smart, have fun and make an impact
EcoVadis is the leading provider of business sustainability ratings. Our solutions are backed by an international team of experts and powerful technology. We analyze data and build sustainability scorecards that give companies actionable insights into their environmental, social and ethical risks.
Why apply to EcoVadis? Be a part of the global sustainability change in business. Grow your career. Work with extraordinary people. Feel valued for your contribution.
Learn more about our team and culture on EcoVadis careers page. If you have questions about the company or open roles you can chat with an insider.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing data platform team. You will be a skilled and experienced engineer who will help us develop and maintain data architectures and processing solutions that power our data scientists, BI analytics and many other internal data consumers. One major role of the team is to prepare and maintain self-serve data infrastructure, and ensure data availability, security and scalability. Another one is to build and maintain pipelines for integrating internal and third-party data while ensuring high data integrity and quality. In this role, you will work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment with plenty of interaction with other teams.
- Plan, build, maintain and manage the data platform components
- Create, maintain and monitor pipelines for regular data processing while ensuring data reliability, quality and efficiency
- Maintain data serving layer, manage permissions and automate processes around data catalog
- Design, build and deliver underlying cloud infrastructure
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with data scientists, data engineers, DevOps, architects, developers, QA and other parties
- Collaborate to bring new features and services into production
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Experience in Azure Data Factory (ADF) - creating multiple pipelines and activities using Azure for full and incremental data loads into Azure Data Lake Store
- Experience in Databricks - creating notebooks, developing integration code in Python/PySpark, working with delta tables (Delta Lakehouse), managing Databricks SQL endpoints
- Expertise with SQL, database design/structures, ETL/ELT design patterns, and DataMart structures (star, snowflake schemas, etc.)
- Experience in Azure storage solution, particularly Azure Data Lake Storage and working with Parquet files and partitions
- Experience in the creation & configuration of Azure resources & RBAC
- Experience with Azure DevOps / Git
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science Engineering / Information Technology, Information Systems
- Azure Data Engineer certification would be desired
- Proficiency in English
Location: Warsaw / Remote
Everyone at EcoVadis contributes to a culture of trust, respect and empowerment. Our growing team in Poland is full of talented professionals from various fields who all share a desire to change the world.
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth from day one with extensive onboarding, mentoring and a brand new e-learning platform bursting with courses and modules so you can learn new skills and fine-tune old ones.
Our team enjoys the benefits of flexible working. Some of us work from home and some prefer to work from our easily accessible (metro, tram, bus, bike, suburban train) office hub in the heart of Warsaw. We have regular onsite and online team breakfasts. Our CSR team coordinates events where we can give back to local communities and ecosystems. At the office you can chill in break areas, enjoy a panorama of Warsaw or visit our lovely terrace.
EcoVadis will support you with all the necessary office equipment, holidays in line with Polish labor law, optional (fully covered or co-financed) health care and life insurance, Multisport card, French or Polish classes as well as a lunch card. Everyone at EcoVadis can also use a community service day when volunteering.
Our hiring team looks forward to reviewing your CV with a guaranteed response to every application. A new job with purpose awaits you!
Don’t fit all the criteria but still think you’d be a good candidate? Please apply anyway to give our hiring team the opportunity to assess your skills and to learn more about what you could bring to EcoVadis. We’re interested in hiring capable people, regardless of professional and educational background.
Can the hiring process be adjusted to suit my needs? Yes. We want everyone going through the hiring process with EcoVadis to feel confident that you are able to demonstrate your full potential. We welcome applications from disabled people, people with long-term health conditions and neurodiverse candidates. If you need any adjustments, please let the hiring team know.
Our team’s strength comes from everyone’s uniqueness and is founded upon mutual respect. EcoVadis commits to equity and inclusion and does not accept any form of discrimination based on color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, beliefs, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, parental status, or any other protected characteristic that makes you unique.