Key Account Manager (M/F/D)
- Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
Work smart, have fun and make an impact
EcoVadis is the leading provider of business sustainability ratings. Our solutions are backed by an international team of experts and powerful technology. We analyze data and build sustainability scorecards that give companies actionable insights into their environmental, social and ethical risks.
Why apply to EcoVadis? Be a part of the global sustainability change in business. Grow your career. Work with extraordinary people. Feel valued for your contribution.
The Key Account Manager’s mission is to build and nurture loyal, long lasting relationships with our major clients (high value customers, global Fortune 1000 companies) in order to consistently improve customer satisfaction, retention and revenue growth of Key accounts in all non-support, post-sales customer interactions.
The tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage a portfolio the company’s most strategic accounts with an emphasis on growing revenue and triggering upsell opportunities
- Act as a strategic lever to drive customer satisfaction, working in close collaboration with the Customer Success Manager
- Actively engage and network with senior executives (C-level of Fortune 1000 companies) and decision makers to nurture and grow the relationship with key accounts
- Monitor the delivery of framework agreements in the region and globally in collaboration with the sales and CSM teams in the fields
- Shape global strategies and expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives and to drive contract expansion
- Measure, track and analyze key account metrics to meet return on investment objectives
- Negotiate with clients (price, delivery times, etc.)
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements; Build and advise on the customer’s long-term strategy and identify innovation and partnership opportunities to drive revenue and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Manager in charge of delivering the sustainable procurement strategy
- Work in collaboration with the Customer Success Manager on contract renewal
- Collaborate with regional Account Executives for account expansion activities including the identification of new opportunities and providing account-specific guidance throughout the sales cycle from lead generation to contract execution
- Collaborate with the Account Manager and the Onboarding Manager in the pre-sales and onboarding stages
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams as needed to drive co-innovation, co-marketing activities (product, marketing, legal, finance, etc...)
- Proven track record of growing revenue and satisfaction of the customer portfolio
- Excellent relational, presentational and social skills to top management stakeholders
- Strong and proven selling, negotiation and leadership skills
- Deliver powerful and convincing presentations to executives
- Project management competencies to lead internal cross-functional teams to align customer needs with internal capabilities
- Ability to communicate constructive feedback to enable continuous improvement and optimization of processes for improved customer return on investment
- 7+ years of experience in account management and customer facing roles in the European market, including large international accounts
- Ability to work well in an international and multicultural environment.
- Self-driven, results oriented and team player.
- Fluent in English
- German optional but strongly preferred
- Computer literate (MS office, Google Suite, Project management tools…)
- Self-driven, results oriented and team player.
- International exposure is a must
Location: Berlin / Remote
Everyone at EcoVadis contributes to a culture of trust, respect and empowerment. Our growing team in Germany is full of talented professionals who are experienced in sustainability, customer success, sales, IT and all share a desire to change the world, one customer at a time.
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth from day one with extensive onboarding, mentoring and a brand new e-learning platform bursting with courses and modules so you can learn new skills and fine-tune old ones.
Our team enjoys the benefits of flexible working. Some of us work from home whereas some prefer to work from our office hubs in Düsseldorf and Berlin (coming soon!), while we all look forward to quarterly meet-ups. We choose our office locations carefully with good public transport links as a priority. There’s even a local ramen restaurant that the team loves within walking distance.
EcoVadis will support you with all the necessary office equipment, 30 days of holiday, 100% coverage of the BahnCard (50,2) in Germany, 50% of monthly transportation subscription in Düsseldorf as well as healthcare and pension contributions. Everyone at EcoVadis also receives a Community Service Day as becoming a leader as a socially responsible company is one of our top priorities.
Our hiring team looks forward to reviewing your CV and covering letter with a guaranteed response to every application. A new job with purpose awaits you!
Don’t fit all the criteria but still think you’d be a good candidate? Please apply anyway to give our hiring team the opportunity to assess your skills and to learn more about what you could bring to EcoVadis. We’re interested in hiring capable people, regardless of professional and educational background.
Can the hiring process be adjusted to suit my needs? Yes. We want everyone going through the hiring process with EcoVadis to feel confident that you are able to demonstrate your full potential. We welcome applications from disabled people, people with long-term health conditions and neurodiverse candidates. If you need any adjustments, please let the hiring team know.
Our team’s strength comes from everyone’s uniqueness and is founded upon mutual respect. EcoVadis commits to equity and inclusion and does not accept any form of discrimination based on color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, beliefs, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, parental status, or any other protected characteristic that makes you unique.