Strategic Customer Onboarding Manager
- New York, NY, USA
At EcoVadis, we envision a global marketplace where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision – improving economies, people's lives and the planet we all depend on. EcoVadis counts industry leaders like Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, Nestlé, and Michelin, among the 55,000+ businesses on its network.
With an ambitious, purposeful mission to provide the world's most trusted business sustainability ratings, EcoVadis is driven by a diverse team sharing the core values of commitment, customer-focus, courage, integrity, kindness and happiness.
EcoVadis offers you exciting career opportunities in an innovative and dynamic environment. We are looking for passionate team players from a variety of disciplines – from CSR and sustainability experts to customer engagement and engineering talents – to join us to make a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies worldwide. Join us!
What is Onboarding?
EcoVadis' customer onboarding services are targeted toward our larger and more complex customers, as a series of guided workshops, meetings, and topics, designed to set up a strong and successful foundation for their sustainable procurement goals with EcoVadis. Deploying strategic corporate programs such as a sustainable procurement program, can be challenging for organizations as it requires systematic cultural change and stakeholder adoption in often highly complex procurement organizations with large supply chains. To ensure the customer gets to the benefits and to the ROI of their EcoVadis SaaS solutions early on, it is critical that all impacted employees, mostly procurement teams, understand how the program works, what they are requested to do and how to integrate EcoVadis in their procurement policies, processes and technologies.
The Customer Onboarding Manager reports to the Onboarding Director - Americas and the scope of the role is as follows:
As an Onboarding Manager you will work with a diverse set of large multinational companies across the Americas and occasionally APAC to ensure they have the foundations needed to maximize the value of EcoVadis as an important piece of their sustainable procurement initiative.
Successful customer onboarding requires both strong project management and leadership skills as you will coordinate the strategic and technico-operational aspects simultaneously. For a period of approximately 6 months you will be the project head for multiple customers, collaborating with the internal account management team (Key Account Manager, Customer Success Manager, Customer Success Advocate) and the customer through the onboarding phase. You will partner with the customer to advise and guide them in the set-up and adoption of the EcoVadis solution which includes integration where applicable in their internal and external capacity building and communications, design of procurement processes and tools and ultimately to build a seamless and scalable customer journey and roadmap for EcoVadis deployment. You will interface with various customer stakeholders, and be accountable to securing executive leadership commitment throughout the onboarding phase.
EcoVadis’ vision is to enable a new way of doing business where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision. One of our key company values is One Customer at a Time and as there is only one first impression we can make on the customer, it is our objective to be ever-present at that stage to accelerate the change we believe is possible.
Overview of specific tasks and actions:
- Act as the project lead simultaneously on 5-10 accounts to deliver the Onboarding program based on a fully developed methodology toolbox (i.e. sustainable procurement maturity diagnostic, a supplier selection and prioritization, various presentation and workshop templates, etc.),
Understand the customer's individual context and needs through research and through effective discovery with customers; and autonomously and efficiently adapt templates and onboarding program framework to those needs:
customer’s sustainability vision and strategy;
analysis and segmentation of customer data points (i.e. supplier data by category, country spend, recurrence,...)
review and map the customers procurement organization, procurement process and systems, as well as any procurement guidelines (including KPIs, MBOs) to identify a successful governance model and levers to self-sustain the program over the time
- Lead meetings and workshops with key customer stakeholders; provide insights and recommendations to guide the engagement as well as bring prescriptive direction to move the project and actions forward
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Managers (CSM), the account managers of the customer;
- Monitor and track Onboarding program implementation progress against project timelines with accountability for qualitative and quantitative key performance indicators (i.e. Customer NPS, Time-To-Value, …)
- Close the customer onboarding program within the project time frame ensuring successful delivery and customer endorsement of the final playbook (i.e. key recommendations and roadmap to help the customer and EcoVadis CSM to use as guidelines for the forthcoming 3 years,...).
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Onboarding methodology, working tools and workshop materials (i.e. identify opportunities for workflow improvement, best practices sharing and implementation).
- As needed, partner with the sales team to support in pitching EcoVadis to prospects, specifically by contributing your know-how and expertise about the value of the onboarding program
- As needed, contribute feedback on the product and collaborate with the product teams to ensure a coordinated and aligned approach to our customers
- 10 years+ experience in procurement or supply chain field or in procurement consulting in an international business environment
- Familiar with consulting and workshop methodologies and experience in delivering workshops to senior executives
- Formal education (degree/masters) ideally in a related field (MBA, Supply Chain, Procurement etc.);
- Knowledge of procurement systems, processes and trends is mandatory and a deep understanding on how they impact the workflow and the success of a sustainable procurement initiative;
- Excellent listening skills, diplomatic with the ability to be prescriptive guidance and recommendations and guide the customer in the right direction
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must, Spanish/Portuguese a plus
- Excellent excel and data analytical skills
- Self-driven, results oriented and team player
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge or degree in Sustainability is a plus but not mandatory.
- Ideally experience working in an international and multicultural environment
Full time position
- A rare opportunity to get in and contribute meaningfully to a growing business: We have a solid foundation of over 450 global industry leaders as customers and 13 years of revenue growth, and yet only a few percent penetrated in our opportunity: the sky's the limit!
- Exercise your initiative in an environment where your character as well as your ideas are valued
- A career with a positive impact: Ultimately, we are striving to make the world more sustainable, and along the way you will develop or deepen your understanding of Sustainable Development and Sustainable Procurement