- Toronto, ON, Canada
At EcoVadis, we envision a global marketplace where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision – improving economies, people's lives and the planet we all depend on. EcoVadis counts industry leaders like Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, Nestlé, and Michelin, among the 55,000+ businesses on its network.
With an ambitious, purposeful mission to provide the world's most trusted business sustainability ratings, EcoVadis is driven by a diverse team sharing the core values of commitment, customer-focus, courage, integrity, kindness and happiness.
EcoVadis offers you exciting career opportunities in an innovative and dynamic environment. We are looking for passionate team players from a variety of disciplines – from CSR and sustainability experts to customer engagement and engineering talents – to join us to make a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies worldwide. Join us!
As a Sustainability Analyst you will be working with companies from all over the world, assessing and reporting on the quality and robustness of their sustainability management systems. Data analysis will be primarily qualitative, centered around the analysis of a company’s management system documentation. You will become an expert in applying the EcoVadis methodology, built on the most rigorous international CSR standards and frameworks (e.g. GRI, ISO 26000), already 13 years in evolution! In a state of virtuous advancement, the methodology continues to be driven forward by strong market forces, societal expectations and emerging regulation. It goes without saying that being flexible and adaptable to change is a must! In your role, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to advancing our world class methodology and bring your unique skills to add value to our approach. Quality is a non-negotiable part of our work, all our analysts follow a set of analysis guidelines to ensure we're working in cohesion. You will be a key stakeholder in the rating process, so having an eye for detail and an ability to learn quickly is key to your success. We are a team of sustainability changemakers rallying together to drive positive impact to business practices across the world, and can’t wait to have you join us!
A day in the life
- Understanding of sustainability management system documentation provided by rated companies, extraction and synthesis of material sustainability data related to environmental, social, ethics and supply chain
- Identification of the main characteristics of a rated company e.g. company size, operational category, presence in risk countries.
- Confirm the implementation of a rated company’s sustainability management system components using the EcoVadis methodology guidelines.
- Follow up with rated companies, where needed, to clarify specific issues related to their assessment.
- Contribution to the development and the improvement of the assessment methodology is encouraged.
Additional responsibilities related to the function may be required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferable with a specialty in Sustainable Development or CSR.
- Previous experience in CSR/Sustainable Development would be a plus.
- Combination of analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Sustainability/Sustainable Development is a plus
- Proficiency in G-Suite application
- Autonomy and ability to take initiative
- Aptitude to evolve in an international environment.
- Fluency in English, additional languages will be a plus
- Demonstrated analytical skills, detail-oriented
- Confidence to work independently and autonomously, self-driven
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Thrives in international environments
- Capacity to work in a fast growth environment, adaptability
- Communicates with honesty and kindness
- Collaborative, builds trusting relationships
- Uses fun as a way of being and working
How you will grow
When you start with the company you will be welcomed into a robust 1+ month training program designed to master the topics of sustainability and the EcoVadis methodology, and assess a company’s sustainability management system with confidence. You will have training coordinators dedicated to your professional growth in the first month, supported by senior analysts providing feedback and suggestions on your work. Once your training is completed, you will begin working on a greater diversity of companies, increasingly complex with a variety of unique contexts. In addition you will also have the opportunity to gradually pivot some of your time to work on methodology development projects to grow other aspects of your career. These projects are often made-up of an international team of analysts, from our offices in Tokyo all the way to New York City. As you grow in the company, there will be more opportunities for development both on the technical side of the role, and well as in development as a subject matter expert, for example.
Beginning: July/ August / September
Full time position
In return for your expertise and energy, we offer:
- Base salary + Bonus plan
- GRSP and TFSA matching program available
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Wellness benefit
- Life Insurance
- Work remotely program available
- Casual and very friendly environment
- Opportunity to work in a truly international atmosphere
Are you interested?
Please apply directly online by clicking on the link below and attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
For more information about EcoVadis please visit our site: www.ecovadis.com
EcoVadis does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category.
Keywords: CSR; Corporate Social Responsibility; Sustainable Development; Analyst; Environmental Management; Sustainability;