- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At EcoVadis, we envision a global marketplace where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision – improving economies, people's lives and the planet we all depend on. EcoVadis counts industry leaders like Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, Nestlé, and Michelin, among the 55,000+ businesses on its network.
With an ambitious, purposeful mission to provide the world's most trusted business sustainability ratings, EcoVadis is driven by a diverse team sharing the core values of commitment, customer-focus, courage, integrity, kindness and happiness.
EcoVadis offers you exciting career opportunities in an innovative and dynamic environment. We are looking for passionate team players from a variety of disciplines – from procurement and sustainability experts to customer engagement and engineering talents – to join us to make a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies worldwide. Join us!
EcoVadis is searching for a dynamic junior lawyer to support our legal team, cooperating with external counsel in daily transactions including commercial partnerships, software licensing, NDAs and other projects. Your principal goal will be to become a trusted and proactive contributor to our business, proactively and efficiently working with our commercial and legal teams in concluding business agreements while ensuring those agreements comply with applicable laws and our company procedures, while actively helping our company avoid possible legal risks and violations. You will be the first lawyer on our team in the US and have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of systems to enhance our international contract management process. The position responsibilities include:
- Supporting the internal legal team and external counsel in reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts in the English language
- Supporting internal clients in relation to a wide range of data protection and privacy matters affecting our international operations in the US
- Contributing to the design of contract management systems and ensuring compliance with those systems and other company processes
- Maintaining current knowledge of, and advising the business regarding, the evolving legal framework within which we operate
- Supporting the international legal team in any other issues, including administrative support
- Providing support in other issues requested by a supervisor / manager
- Ensure that all legal documents are signed, registered and archived
- Maximizing efficiency in legal document workflows
- Register legal contracts in registries
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
- At least 2 years of legal experiences, preferably with initial law firm training and bonus if also any in-house counsel experience
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including NDAs, software licensing and especially SAAS agreements, ideally with client counseling experience
- Exposure with privacy law compliance in commercial agreements
- Experience prioritizing work, providing advice under deadlines, and strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English including contract drafting
- Proactivity, having a sound understanding of business to business experience
- Creativity, resiliency and flexible style and approach to solving problems
- Contributing to a positive and inclusive working environment
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Reporting to Head of legal
- Full time position
- Beginning: ASAP
In return for your expertise and energy, we offer:
● A rare opportunity to get in and contribute meaningfully to a growing business: We have a solid foundation of over 450 global industry leaders as customers and 13 years of revenue growth, and yet only a few percent penetrated in our opportunity: the sky's the limit!
● Exercise your initiative in an environment where your character as well as your ideas are valued
● A career with a positive impact: Ultimately, we are striving to make the world more sustainable, and along the way you will develop or deepen your understanding of Sustainable Development and Sustainable Procurement
Please apply directly online by clicking on the link below and attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
For more information about EcoVadis please visit our website: www.ecovadis.com
EcoVadis does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category.