Legal Counsel (F/M/D) - Paris
- Paris, France
EcoVadis offers an exciting, truly international job opportunity in an innovative and dynamic environment. Awarded as the fastest-growing startup in the sustainable supply chain space, EcoVadis is driven by a global team of over 700 employees represented by over 40 nationalities making a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies around the world. We aim at improving environmental and social practices of companies by leveraging the influence of the global supply chain. More than 650 global multinational companies have selected the EcoVadis solution, including Verizon, GSK, Coca Cola Enterprises, Nestle, Johnson & Johnson, Renault, ING Bank, and Subway.
Join us, we’re looking for collaborative, fun and passionate people to help us make a difference!
- Legal Counsel will be responsible for all aspects of the contracting cycle with respect to Enterprise and Mid-Market clients and comany's providers;
- This will include revision and negotiation of standard contracts as well as customer specific contracts, identifying and mitigating the contractual risk and giving guidance as to necessary approvals;
- This may include revision and negotiations of supportive documentation such as Non-disclosure agreements, Data Processing Agreements, Codes of Conduct, etc.;
- Legal Counsel will draft, review and negotiate various agreements, including marketing and sales contracts, agreements with business partners, software license agreements, service and vendor agreements, SaaS contracts and will collaborate with other teams – Sales, Finance, Marketing, HR;
- HR support;
- Responding to variety of requests coming from other functions;
- Support to Data Protection Officer on data protection issues;
- IP, including trademark support.
- Master in law from an accredited university - preferably French, UK or German lawyer
- Fluency in English and French is a must. German is a plus;
- 8+ years legal experience as an in-house lawyer or in a leading law firm;
- Deep knowledge and experiences in IT agreements, focusing on SaaS contracts;
- Knowledge and experiences in data protection and privacy law;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under a time pressure;
- Team oriented with the ability to respond and be flexible to client demands, looking for alternative solutions, whilst adhering to company’s internal rules and policies;
- Ability to work in international environment, with colleagues in Europe, the US, Canada Asia and Australia;
- Ability to provide legal service in the English language (and other languages, if indicated in the application) - Fluency in English essential;
- Strong oral and written communication, including executive-level communication;
- Ability to take initiative and act independently and with good judgment, with little or limited daily supervision or guidance;
- Commitment to professionalism and teamwork;
- Strong problem-solving skills and flexibility.
Perks at EcoVadis:
- Working closely with a cross functional team of highly motivated and intelligent folks with a unique range of startup and enterprise experience,
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events,
- Mentorship opportunities,
- Career growth opportunities,
- Location: Paris
- When: ASAP