Senior DevOps Engineer
- Warsaw, Poland
At EcoVadis, we envision a global marketplace where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision – improving economies, people's lives and the planet we all depend on. EcoVadis counts industry leaders like Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, Nestlé, and Michelin, among the 55,000+ businesses on its network.
With an ambitious, purposeful mission to provide the world's most trusted business sustainability ratings, EcoVadis is driven by a diverse team sharing the core values of commitment, customer-focus, courage, integrity, kindness and happiness.
EcoVadis offers you exciting career opportunities in an innovative and dynamic environment. We are looking for passionate team players from a variety of disciplines – from CSR and sustainability experts to customer engagement and engineering talents – to join us to make a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies worldwide.
We are looking for an Senior DevOps Engineer focused and responsible for automation of all aspects of the software delivery pipeline, using the latest and most innovative technologies for on demand environment provisioning, CI/CD pipeline enablement, Automated Testing, and software delivery. We know that this job requires constant learning, so we care more about your attitude and your desire to learn than your current skills exactly matching our requirements. If you have the necessary background and the right mindset we would love to meet with you.
Your main goal in this position will be automating infrastructure provisioning and configuration change in a reliable and predictable way as well as automating application deployment.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be:
- responsible for designing, building and configuring automation for cloud infrastructure/configuration and processes enabling the software teams to code and deploy efficiently;
- responsible for speeding up the CI/CD tool set by improving our internal deployment tooling. Build an ecosystem that combines efficient test automation, deployment, and monitoring.
- continuous improvement of branching strategies to enable frictionless merging and deployments from testing to production environments;
- designing, setting and maintaining a reliable platform monitoring including logs, alerts and metrics;
- managing the availability and scalability of our services;
- responsible for the 24/7/365 operations of a SaaS platform and significantly involved in the infrastructure, architecture and choosing of development tools and technologies used;
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role in a relevant software or internet service industry.
- Strong, hands-on experience with containers deployment, configuration, orchestration and monitoring
- In-depth understanding of monolithic architecture as well as microservices, ideally proven experience in projects related to transition from one architecture to another
- Experience working with cloud services: Microsoft Azure , with a strong bias towards infrastructure as a code and automation.
- Experience in designing and implementing a build and deployment pipelines
- Experience working with Source Control (GIT), CI/CD and Configuration Management tools
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, tools and techniques.
- Experience in implementing a full monitoring environment
- Excels in all facets of verbal and written communication; leads and inspires the team via open communication, effective listening, and strong collaborative networks; has excellent negotiation skills, is an expert coordinator, and has an ability to orchestrate change through influence.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks in a team setting;
- Works effectively in the face of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities; understands the need to shift focus and priorities as required and successfully leads others through periods of change.
- Considers and implements novel approaches to tackle new issues/challenges in an aggressive manner; is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working with others in a fast-paced, cutting-edge, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas, is open to challenges, and implements unique solutions; focuses on the best outcome for the company, rather than on ego.
- Openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments, coordinating and combining competencies for the best overall results.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge base in his or her technical field and continually augments the team’s experiences and skills with the latest training, technologies, and techniques.
- Proficient in English.
Full time position
Location: Warsaw, Poland - Rondo ONZ, Spektrum Tower
In return for your expertise and energy, we offer:
- Challenge, opportunities to exchange skills within multinational Team
- Ability to work in an autonomous way and in an environment where your ideas are valued
- Casual and very friendly atmosphere
- Competitive salary aligned with experience
- Flexi-time and home office
- Benefits (covered or co-financed): Health care, Multisport card, Life insurance,
- French and Polish classes
For more information about EcoVadis please visit www.ecovadis.com and http://intro.ecovadis.com/.
EcoVadis does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category.