Senior Business Development Manager – ESG Private Equity
- New York, NY, USA
EcoVadis offers an exciting, truly international job opportunity in an innovative and dynamic environment. Awarded as the fastest-growing startup in the sustainable supply chain space, EcoVadis provides universal sustainability ratings to companies and their supply chains, with 65,000+ rated companies. EcoVadis is driven by a team of over 40 nationalities making a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies around the world. We aim at improving environmental and social practices of companies by leveraging the influence of global supply chains. More than 250 global multinational companies have selected the EcoVadis solution, including Verizon, GSK, Coca Cola Enterprises, Nestle, Johnson & Johnson, Renault, ING Bank, and Subway. EcoVadis secured a 200M$ Series-B funding with CVC Capital and Bain Consulting in 2020. A significant part of the future company development will be in Sustainable Finance. We are therefore looking to develop the PE market and need industry experience to complement our sustainability ratings expertise.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to play a key role in developing our new business of serving Private Equity firms (general partners) in their need to assess and monitor the sustainability of their portfolio companies, so they can in their turn report back onto their investors (limited partners). This position will be responsible for the market analysis, market development, input to product development, sales support of our commercial teams globally as well as supporting our existing clients in PE today. A proven track record of delivering sales results in the PE industry with tenacity, accountability, high energy, integrity and discipline is crucial to success on the Enterprise Sales team. This high profile role can work out of our office in London, or New York, and will report to our VP Global Business Development.
- Planning of the overall sales and go-to-market strategy for the PE equity industry globally
- Positioning the EcoVadis PE solution developing the value Proposition of the EcoVadis ratings solution for Private Equity
- Developing all materials needed to support in selling the solution to prospective clients
- Coordinating and organizing demand generating activities like tradeshows, company events or client workshops
- Engaging with clients and prospects interpreting their needs so as to feed new products and solution requirements for future development.
- Assisting sales teams in their sales cycles, complementing their sales skills with in-depth industry knowledge and expertise
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in selling solutions into the Private Equity industry
- Expertise on ESG / Sustainability topics and their use in Sustainable Finance
- Solid negotiation skills, and legal, business and financial acumen;
- Understanding of SaaS platforms
- Able to develop and execute sales strategies involving multiple stakeholders, with a natural ability to rapidly identify and form relationships with decision makers
- Proven ability to engage, build and manage C-level and Executive relationships
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong sense of client centric service
- Fluency in English and is a MUST, additional languages will be a plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast-growing international environment
What EcoVadis offers:
- A rare opportunity to get in and contribute meaningfully to a growing business: We have a solid foundation of over 450 global industry leaders as customers and 13 years of revenue growth, and yet only a few percent penetrated in our opportunity: the sky's the limit!
- Exercise your initiative in an environment where your character as well as your ideas are valued
- A career with a positive impact: Ultimately, we are striving to make the world more sustainable, and along the way you will develop or deepen your understanding of Sustainable Development and Sustainable Procurement
Term of Employment: Permanent
Location: Anywhere in the US (Office location available in New York City but open to a remote/home office-based position)
Are you interested?
Please apply directly online by clicking on the link below and attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
For more information about EcoVadis please visit our website: www.ecovadis.com
EcoVadis does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category.